Highly motivated professional with strong attention to detail, highly organized and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven store planner with unparalleled ability to work cross-functionally with others and prioritize responsibilities. Accustomed to fast paced projects where deadlines are a priority and handling multiple projects is the norm. Enjoys a challenge and takes pride in work.
Dec 2007 - May 2009
- Created floor plans for new stores, remodels and corporate facilities; coordinated plan reviews and approval process for all store planners with corporate departments.
- Designed and specified new restroom finishes that were sustainable and saved 20% per store.
- Decreased construction document errors by instituting a review process that resulted in a 40% reduction in errors.
- Initiated, created and maintained a system to achieve the departments drawings and paperwork through a new archive drive, FTP site and Sharepoint site. The new system improved turn-around time of finding documents from a week to less then a day.
- Established relationships with vendors to creatively design products, coordinate installation and tactfully negotiate pricing.
Dec 2006 - Feb 2008
- Understand customer's needs and requirements to sell custom decorating merchandise.
- Convincingly promote store products that make sense for the individual client.
- Assist in insuring the overall appearance of the store.
Sep 2006 - Dec 2007
- Lead projects for my team that included chain wide department merchandise resets.
- Decided space allocation, plan-o-gram selection and merchandise flow for Kmart Remodels based off of sales, demographics and new creative ideas.
- Uploaded store floor plans, merchandise plans and plan-o-grams for store implementation then fielded and resolved store specific questions or concerns resulting from the plans.
- Worked with business partners to develop criteria for new category and adjacency concepts that would be profitable for the company.
May 2005 - Aug 2005
Interior Design Intern
Collaborate Design Studio
- Contributed to the selection of furniture, fabrics and finishes for a variety of diverse projects.
- Created presentation boards and sketches for client presentations.
- Utilized time management skills in order to assist all of the certified Interior Designers on their many projects.
Aug 2002 - May 2006
Bachelor of Science
Minors: Business & Art History
Working knowledge of Sharepoint.
Microsoft Office Suite
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point, Access and Excel.
Expert at Photoshop CS, CS3 and CS4.
Proficient in AutoCAD 2004 - 2009.