I am a senior at Purdue University studying Public Relations and Advertising, with a minor in Organizational Leadership Supervision. I am preparing to graduate in May and am very excited to take all I have learned from the past 4 years and put it towards a career. It’s so important to know exactly who you are in this world, and to be confident in that person. I have spent the last four years of my life here at Purdue growing into the young professional I am proud of today. I am a positive, creative, and driven individual. I often take on new and challenging projects because I am always thinking about the next step and improving myself. I enjoy working in a fast- paced environment where I can think for myself and implement my own strategies and tactics to get the job done. Although I enjoy solving problems on my own, I am also very comfortable working with others under guidelines. A very optimistic outlook on life is what keeps me going and excited about my future.
Aug 2010 - Present
Event Marketing Manager
The Campus Special, LLC
- Promoted the #3 nationally ranked "Food Court" website through social media and campus marketing.
- Conducted interviews of classmates to create and hire a team of reliable individuals.
- Responsible for scheduling and coaching representatives throughout the distribution process.
- Managed entire team and contributed in the distribution of 40,000 coupon books at Purdue University.
Aug 2010 - Apr 2011
- Consistently achieved sales goals through the use of suggestive selling to increase company profits.
- Ensured customer satisfaction by responding to their needs in a fast paced environment.
- Experienced in building relationships with guests to form regulars that visit us frequently.
May 2010 - Aug 2010
- Initiated and solidified client relationships and sold advertising space to local business owners.
- Generated $40,600 in sales in 8 weeks and consistently exceeded quotas.
- Ranked #15 out of 250 Account Executives nationwide.
- Handled all aspects of consultative selling from existing account management, lead generation, and cold
calling, to needs analysis and post-sales service.
Jun 2006 - Aug 2009
- Performed second best in overall sales during May 2009- August 2009.
- Created and organized merchandise displays and marketing.
- Acquired the ability to work efficiently and lead a team in a fast paced environment.
- Communicated effectively with customers while providing exceptional customer service.
Aug 2007 - May 2011
GPA: 3.37/ 4.0
Minor: Organizational Leadership Supervision