2009 - Present
Regional Continuous Improvement Manager
2004 - 2009
Six Sigma Director and Master Black Belt
Held responsibility for deployment of various six sigma process improvement roadmaps in Customer Service, Supply Chain, HR, and IT.Analyzed process inefficiencies and defined measurable opportunities.Enhanced opportunity analysis through executive-level courses on strategic planning, innovation, and sustainability. Oversaw project portfolio management across multiple divisions, functions, and global regions.Coordinated cross-functional resources in Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Championed over 60 projects contributing to over $21,000,000 in annualized benefits.
- Eliminated delays in pricing, credit, and new customer master data approval processes resulting in 50% improvement in order confirmation cycle time.
- Reduced customer service process touches by 30% resulting in $5,000,000 reduction in labor costs.
- Implemented two new roles in Asia supply chain, improving customer satisfaction.
- Trained directors and executives, and coached innovation projects leading to $30,000,000 in growth and productivity.
- Participated in creating global Customer Service and Supply Chain strategy.
- Improved export delivery, and standardized processes, reducing freight costs by $453,000.
- Enhanced leadership development program, improving retention and reduced recruiting costs by $1,000,000.
2001 - 2004
Manufacturing Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Black Belt, and Section Leader
Held responsibility for site’s productivity improvement plan.Orchestrated black belts and other resources, implementing upgrades.Coordinated site project reviews and project coaching sessions.Guided site management through development of manufacturing technology plans.Implemented process improvement in chemical units.Coordinated global team, identifying effective technologies.
- Spearheaded $27,000,000 in process improvement benefits over three-year period.
- Increased efficiency and reduced energy by $7,000,000 through implementation of technology best practices.
- Reduced turnaround maintenance time by 25% for production units utilizing “5S” and work load balancing.
- Increased throughput of production unit resulting in $2,000,000 increase in revenue
1999 - 2001
Manufacturing Technical Section Leader – Houston, TX
Held responsibility for budget, resource, and tracking site capital improvement plan.Coordinated weekly construction schedule.Directed technical and engineering tasks of eight direct and 20 indirect employees.Ensured environmental permit compliance of all units.Oversaw safety incident investigations.
- Reduced project cycle time through process and project engineering, maintenance, and construction scheduling.
- Achieved 100% environmental permit compliance, tracking key permit variables.
- Identified cause of equipment overpressure, resulting in over $10,000,000 recovered costs through claims, timely restart, and minimal production loss.
1998 - 1999
Process Engineering Section Leader – Bishop, TX
Oversaw engineering for chemicals units, managing eight process engineers.Held responsibility for timely completion of process hazard analysis, environmental permit reviews, and development of capital appropriation budget.Created engineering schedule and resource plan.
1990 - 1998
Production and Process Engineer – Bishop, TX
Held responsibility for chemical unit operations.Created schedules, and maintained ISO 9000 compliance.Oversaw environmental and safety compliance, and engineering support for maintenance turnarounds.Analyzed quality tests, designed and installed flare systems, and completed hazard analyses.
1986 - 1990
University of Texas
An analytical and resourceful lean sigma and business excellence director, with broad-based and extensive experience in strategic planning, process improvement, operations analysis, statistical process control, logistics, engineering, and regulatory compliance.An adaptable and efficient planner, with a track record of eliminating waste, reducing cost, and standardizing processes.A disciplined leader, with proven success in teaching and coaching through business process excellence, and spearheading improvement on multiple levels.
Business Process Excellence: Deployed Lean Sigma processes to Customer Service and Supply Chain resulting in over 60 process improvement projects and $21,000,000 in annualized benefits.Created critical to quality metric scorecard to translate corporate values and goals to functional process metrics.Managed projects through the use of stage-gate methodology.
Innovation Excellence:Developed innovation training program, delivered training to directors and executives, and coached innovation projects leading to $30,000,000 in growth and productivity.Projects identified through use of Quality Function Deployment (QFD) techniques to match customer needs with process capabilities.
Process Efficiency: Utilized lean sigma tools to identify waste and reduce defects.Results include: eliminating delays in pricing, credit, and new customer master data approval processes resulting in 50% improvement in order confirmation cycle time; improving on-time delivery, standardized processes, and reducing freight costs by $453,000 in export process.
Strategic Operations:Developed five-year technology plans for $1 billion revenue business resulting in $27,000,000 in reduced cost and increased revenue.Incorporated voice of the business and technology through survey of business leaders, technology engineers, and process engineers to prioritize opportunities.
Lean Organization:Reduced order management process touches by 30% resulting in $5,000,000 reduction in labor costs.Improvement made by identifying global best practices and implementing most effective process at multiple locations.
Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) model (Supply Chain Council), 2008
Introduction and Advanced Crystal Ball, 2008
Six Sigma Master Black Belt Training (SBTI), 2004
Managing Projects (GeorgeWashingtonUniversitySchool of Business and Public Management), 2003
Six Sigma Black Belt Training (SBTI), 2002
Leading and Managing People (Celanese-Harvey), 1999
Liquid/Liquid Extraction (SRP), 1998
Risk Assessment training (Celanese), 1997, 1995
Small Project Management (Fred Pryor Seminars), 1997
Process Control Theory (Celanese-Golla), 1996
Process Heat Transfer (Bell), 1995
Distillation Operation (Kister), 1994
Combustion Technology (Callidus), 1994
Introduction to Process Management (Rummler-Brauche), 1994