Promoted to manage the national marketing for K-12 Health Education, K-12 Fine Arts, Adult Basic Education, and 6-12 Remedial Reading educational programs (Average yearly revenue: $50 M).
- Served as Lean Six Sigma Business Process Management Lead on Product Competitive Analysis managing a cross functional team including marketing, editorial, technology, sales, market research, and finance.
- Marketing subject matter expert on Editorial Design Production (EDP) processes committee tasked with creating common business procedures across all segments of McGraw-Hill School Education Group.
- Manage an operational budget of approximately $350k.
- Established virtual conference on 21st Century Workforce that drew 600 leads, and created first virtual sales rep at McGraw-Hill.
Marketing Manager (School Solutions Group) Woodland Hills, CA 2006-2009
Promoted to manage national marketing for K-12 Health Education and 6-12 Fine Arts educational programs (Average yearly revenue: $30 M).
- Led initiative to create first virtual sample package in the company which resulted in a cost savings of $370,000 and increased sales by 10 percent (www.glencoehealthhs.com/health/health.html).
- Analyzed market trends, led market research, participated in product development, and oversaw creation of promotional pieces for product line.
- Developed and implemented product line marketing plans, and prepared and managed operational budget. (Approximately $350,000 per year)
- Managed company presence at industry specific conferences/tradeshows including booth space, sponsored functions, events, and advertising.
Corporate Achievement Award, 2009 for participation in revision of flagship high school health program Glencoe Health that generated $8M (average yearly revenue), and was the #1 program in the country with 45% market share..
Product Manager, Woodland Hills, CA 2004-2006
- Created competitive packages for national and state specific Grade 6-12 health and fine arts education products.
- Maintained close contact with sales force providing product information and assisting with sales opportunities.
- Provided inventory forecasts for product lines including salable, sample, and free with order items; worked with inventory and manufacturing to insure that products arrived in a timely manner.
- Collaborated with sales and contract departments to prepare state bids, analyzed free with order and samples, attended state hearings, and ensured product availability for state adoption hearings.
- Priced all components in product lines.
- Produced advertising and promotional pieces including brochures, catalogs, and PowerPoint product overviews.
Associate Editor (2001-2002)
Editorial Assistant (2001)
- Managed editorial development of Grades 6-14 education products, including: Health, Fitness, and Fine Arts Web sites (budget: $270,000); Business Communication Textbooks (budget: $554,000); and Driver Education textbook (budget: $875,000)
- Created business plans and conducted market research for assigned projects.
- Planned and oversaw budgets and schedules, ensuring all projects came within approved budget and all deadlines were met on time.
- Hired and managed team of authors and freelance contributors.