I am a highly-motivated, productive and organized professional. Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills. Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. Creative, with the ability to tell a focused, cohesive message to a number of audiences through various media. A team player who is attentive to detail and consistently produces quality results.
My objective is to join a company that I am passionate about, where I can use my skills and knowledge of Public Relations, Marketing and Communication practices to continue to learn and grow as a professional.
Sep 2005 - Present
Bachelors of Science in Journalism
I am a Senior Public Relations student in the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University. Pursuing my Bachelors of Science in Journalism with a specialization in Marketing and Philosophy.
I will graduate in June 2009 and I hope to work Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications field.
Feb 2008 - Present
Communications Specialist - Internal Communications Co-op
- Increase the ability of managers to effectively communicate by organizing and developing presentations for the CEO, COO and senior management, helping to plan and facilitate speeches and meetings.
- Assist with themes and continued support of Sherwin-Williams internal magazine, Kaleidoscope.
- Write and edit articles that I publish onto the S-W intranet using a Content Management System.
- Aiding in the restructure of our intranet, helping to create more usable sub-channels and organize the Web sites content.
- Developing audiocasts as a regular feature on S-W intranet, where I will host and help record audiocasts for internal use.
May 2007 - Sep 2008
Director of Media Relations
- Speakeasy is the only student-run, student-produced alternative webzine serving the Ohio University campus in Athens, Ohio.
- Organized all of Speakeasy’s media contacts, both previously established and newly developed
- Worked with ImPRessions, Ohio University’s highly acclaimed student-run PR firm, to promote Speakeasy through many various tactics, such as fliers, promotional give-aways, and event planning.
Jun 2007 - Feb 2008
Communications Analyst - Internet Services Co-op
- Helped organize and develop Sherwin-Williams Excellence Conferences, helping our executives and other presenters with their presentations and planning of the day’s events.
- Assisted Senior and Executive management in designing and organizing PowerPoint presentations for various internal and external events.
- Managed our Content Management System, updating many of our brand Web sites, such as sherwin.com, and martinsenour.com.
- Published corporate communication pieces to Sherwin-Williams Investor Relations’ site - including earnings releases, acquisitions and news updates.