CIO (Marsh Subsidiary : Victor Insurance) - Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (Global Organization >50,000 Employees)
- Established and maintains strong partner relationship with Executive Groups representatives across the Victor and Broader Marsh Corporation (C-suite)
- Develops Digital and risk management solutions for clients and using best-in-class technology to distribute specialty P&C insurance through a vast network of agents and brokers.
- Market leading Insurance digital portals for MGA and H&B Insurance segments:
- Implemented award winning technology platform in support of the first-ever retail property insurance solution backed by alternative capital.
- Oversees all technology aspects of data and digital programs in partnership with business product owners and stakeholders through utilizing the most appropriate technology platforms to support key business strategies
- Leads IT application development and support activities including developing IT strategies and roadmaps, implementing projects, and ensuring systems availability and ongoing applications health
- Guides IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems
- Directs IT strategic and operational governance processes to ensure IT activities align and adhere to company/industry regulatory requirements technology, process, and sourcing standards
- Transitions Victor IT group delivery model from a waterfall methodology to Agile and DevOps
- Identifies and follows through on opportunities for the cost-effective investment of IT resources, including staffing, sourcing, new technology acquisitions, and vendor maintenance spend. Implemented mixed offshore/onshore managed service development support model
- Develops, tracks, and controls operating (OPEX) and capital (CAPEX) budgets in partnership with corporate and division finance functions. Budget responsibility for $12 million in IT investments and >100 IT resources
- Implemented a number of corporate Insurance/MGA business go-to-market P&C insurance products utilizing in custom and best of breed platforms (Duckcreek, Agencyport, Vertafore, AMS, Nexsure, Applied Systems). On premise and cloud mix.