Senior Network Lead
Managing a team of 11 direct reports who provide lean operational support for media based applications which have high visibility for our customers, including Telstra Box Office, AFL, NRL, Netball and MyFootball, as well as our cloud platforms for customers.
- Defined support process with engineering for T22 initiative NFVi
- Transitioned non-consenting cloud customer support into the Media Applications team with cloud training program.
- Removed approx. one million unnecessary alarms in cloud monitoring in 3 months.
- Implemented phase one of cloud customer impact list for major incidents.
- Increased cloud response times to 97%
- Drastically decreased cloud restore times.
- Drastically increased First in Fix.
- Reduced cloud backlog to near zero in 3 months.
- Defined the design of the Virtual Operator.
- Maintain near zero backlog consistently.
- Implemented sentiment Twitter monitoring of Telstra for Major Incident Management
- Delivered initiative to streamline live event communications through the Virtual Operator, reducing CONEN notifications to a maximum of two minutes.
- Ride-on with MiM providing a greater understanding of operations end to end.
- Manage onshore team
- Manage the cloud offshore team
- Manage staff roster
- Maintain focus on Lean, HCD, Agile and DevOps within the team and stakeholders within the business.
- Liaise with Engineering teams, vendors and stakeholders
- Manage incidents, with involvement in technical and major incident bridges
- Manage team budget for overtime and staff expenses
- Review tools and monitoring solutions for the team
- Introduce new monitoring solutions
- Define customer improvement programs
- Define business improvement initiatives
- Introduce First in Fix improvement plan
- Reporting, including the use of tools Tableau, Pablo and OneCM
- Review changes for TRB