Extensive experience in team management and partnering with executive management, leveraging staff talents to achieve corporate objectives. My background includes IT strategy development, portfolio management, staff development, and budget planning and control.
Director, Corporation Solutions
Responsible for enterprise Financial, HR, Legal, and Internet/Intranet systems.
- Managed divestment of multiple company units during housing market downturn.
- Managed delivery of new company intranet that improved internal company communication and reduced IT support spend.
- Delivered strategy for suspended SAP Financials implementation and presented to Senior Management.
- Responsible for compliance oversight for financial systems.
Jul 2007 - Jan 2008
Responsible for management of all Centex Homes systems and IT personnel.
- Managed group of over one hundred IT professionals.
- Established strong partnerships with executive business sponsors, aligning IT resources with critical business initiatives.Resulting strategies included leverage of existing supply chain system, coupled with SAP implementation for replacement of corporate financial systems.
- Developed strategy to resolve long-standing SOX compliance issues through continued process improvement and linkage of cross-department objectives.
- Fully responsible for department budgeting and performance against objectives.
Nov 2003 - Nov 2006
Director, Information Technology
Responsible for technical infrastructure for Centex Homes.Prepared the technical services team and associated technology infrastructure to sustain greater growth.
- Established scalable data center foundation to support company growth.Provided oversight for build out, and leveraged data center to centralize all Centex hardware.
- Centralized server and network administration for all Centex companies, consolidating support activities for five business units.
- Migrated and centralized email systems for Centex, saving $2.5 million over 5 years.
- Drove corporate initiative to centralize and standardize security validation through a global directory, reducing audit requirements and simplifying user identity management.
Feb 2000 - Nov 2003
Director, Business Systems
Managed CRM and company Internet applications for Centex Homes.Developed a technology strategy to align those applications with goals of the Sales and Marketing organizations.
- Delivered and drove company adoption of enterprise-wide Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, internally branded as “Pathways”.The implementation represented the first successful launch of a true CRM product for a major homebuilder and was delivered to over 1400 sales personnel in 8 months.
- Negotiated contracts for software purchase, professional services and hosting.
- Directed the development and implementation of the Centex Homes public web site.
- Directed the development and implementation of a new public web site for Centex Homes.The new site incorporated content management capabilities to eliminate delays in updating company product data, and provided the basis for integrating walk-in and Internet Customer channels into a single sales pipeline.
Feb 1997 - Jan 2000
Director of Development
Managed team responsible for application design, development and support for two companies: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts and Trammell Crow Company.
- Restructured development department to create a management hierarchy and change the culture of the department to a more team-oriented approach, rather than star individual contributors.
- Introduced Data Warehousing concepts to Wyndham, selling Kinetic Group and Wyndham executives on the idea of a Guest History data warehouse.Staffed, trained, and managed the group responsible for the development of this product.
- Directed stabilization of the Wyndham Central Reservations Office (CRO), turning a potential lawsuit into a sustaining $400 million operation.Managed the installation of new Central Reservation Office software.Custom additions to the system provided technical improvements which included: browser-based reports, increased reporting capability using data marts.
- Facilitated cultural change to increase customer engagement by redesigning IT funding model.
- Modernized development platform to thin-client models, simultaneously simplifying software distribution processes and preserving client PC hardware.
Dec 1995 - Jan 1997
Managed application development group responsible for supporting airline operations.Duties included: customer relations with seven Customer groups, management of five direct reports (total group size of more than 50 personnel), implementation of standard methods, and development of strategic direction for operations customers.
- Led effort on a breakthrough project to implement imaging applications at Southwest Airlines.Developed a plan to select and implement an imaging solution in the Ground Operations and Aircraft Maintenance departments.
- Responsible for budget development and actual spend tracking for all money required to support 1997 personnel costs for the Solutions Operations group at Southwest Airlines ($4.5M).
Feb 1991 - Dec 1995
Manager, Development Planning & Technology
- Managed UNIX System Administration Group.Duties included: management of UNIX System Administration personnel, establishment and tracking of hardware and system software support contracts, negotiation of hardware and system software agreements, development of support procedures, development of capacity monitoring and system maintenance procedures.
- Managed the establishment of the SAP R/3 technical environment.Duties included: basis team management, logical and physical hardware environment definition, planning for deployment of new hardware and system software, and management of project budgets.
- Conducted formal evaluations to select major components of FoxMeyer’s application development platform.Defined selection criteria through joint requirements development sessions, and used these criteria to select a methodology, application development tools, and automated testing tools.
- Managed SAP data model evaluation. This project evaluated product fit by comparing FoxMeyer’s logical entities, their keys, and their relationships to the SAP logical data model.Evaluation data was used to point out business gaps in the SAP software
May 1987 - Mar 1991
- Project Manager for the implementation of Oil & Gas Management software at AMOCO corporation.
- Led analysis and design efforts for Oil and Gas Production and Accounting System software.
- Managed the design and development of the PARS Investor Information Subsystem. Supported clients and fellow Price Waterhouse consultants using the Investor Information Subsystem.
Mar 1985 - Apr 1987
Walvoord Data Systems
- Team Leader for design and development of the Accounts Payable module of an integrated accounting system designed for use by not-for-profit organizations.
- Various system enhancements and maintenance corrections to accounting system.