A direct to consumer mobile entertainment service provider based on in-house technology and marketing directly to consumers through an in-house team of creative designers/producers, marketing executives and media buyers. [43 fte]
As a Director and COO reporting to the Board I was responsible for the management and oversight of day-to-day operations of the business (software development, marketing & design, IT and finance) providing services to Director led business verticals.
Together with my management team we developed and grew the services available, supported by appropriate business processes, controls and management structures, to drive sales and revenues for the business verticals. Additionally I was responsible for managing the company cost base and ensuring ongoing regulatory compliance in a highly regulated sector.
Key Responsibilities and Achievements:
- To provide a stable platform for the provision of revenue generating services through an end to end software development and maintenance service for business verticals;
- By implementation of appropriate processes and controls we supported and drove the business growth to be a market leader in Ireland with revenues in excess of €12 million per annum;
- To facilitate and support the marketing team in driving sales and customer retention with full agency level creative and marketing services including online, press and TV production and media buying services. Marketing budgets were in excess of €3 million per annum and performance was optimised using innovative performance tracking based on direct response;
- To manage and communicate progress to the Board through company-wide programme and project management services;
- To ensure on-going regulatory compliance with advertising and premium-rate regulation;
- To influence the strategic direction of the business as a Company Director;
- To oversee the HR management of 40+ staff;
- Key influencer in securing external funding to spin out our Gambling/Gaming business unit (BetBright.com);
- Spun out a mobile charity donation platform (likecharity.ie);
- Key influencer in securing external funding to spin out an IVR based entertainment service focussed on the US market.