Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center-Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint, and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability.
- Reviewing physician’s referral (prescription) and patient’s condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required.
- Testing and measuring patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and recording findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
- Planning and preparing written treatment programs based on evaluation of patient data.
- Administering manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
- Instructing, motivating, and assisting patient to perform various physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities and in use of assistant and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes and prostheses.