IT Operations Manager
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP.
- Oversaw all aspects of production Infrastructure & Operations across 4 global data centers and 22 offices in support of more than 1,700 attorneys and 50-plus practice areas. Responsible for 24x7 Network Operations to support the Firm’s Information Technology. Acts as a liaison between engineering, operations, development, and outside vendors in the areas of provisioning, networking, change, capacity planning, modifications and troubleshooting. Partners with senior management team to align Data Center Infrastructure Capacity and Operations team with strategic direction. Administers and controls the IT operational and capital expense budget to contribute to a cost effective operation. Directs plans, organizes and controls all activities across IT operations in North America, Europe and Asia to ensure the effective, efficient and secure operation of all technical systems. Creates, maintains and enforces written policies and procedures regarding Network and Production Systems Operations. Compiles and reviews Data Center and NOC performance records to determine productivity, quality of output and cost of services. Develops methods to continually improve results. Evaluates new equipment, software and processes continuously, recommends changes as appropriate, and supervises their installation. Structures, leads, trains and develops IT staff for maximum effectiveness. Analyzes complex business needs and recommends technical solutions. Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions. Directs and prioritizes the work load of IT staff, contractors and trades. Responsible for standardization of MEP and Structured Cabling systems for the Firm’s Data Centers, Collocations, and office locations.
Data Center Projects-End to End Project Responsibility. Scope involved design, standards definition and specifications, Engineering and Trade management, RFP/Site selection, Bid Leveling, on-site construction supervision, commissioning and moves.
- 2014 Fukuzumi, Koto-Ku, Tokyo, Japan
- 2014 Redhill , Surrey United Kingdom
- 2015 Dayton, OH United States
- 2015 White Plains, NY United States
- 2018 Edagawa, Koto, Tokyo, Japan
- 2018 Slough, United Kingdom
Office Projects-End to End Project responsibility for IT Infrastructure. Scope involved design, standards definition and specifications, Engineering and Trade RFP and selection, Bid Leveling, on-site construction supervision, commissioning and closeout and acceptance. Scope involved all cabling from Point of Entry to MDF, MDF/IDF/WSO and all electrical and environmental systems.
Sao Paulo, Toronto, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, New York, Houston, Palo Alto, Washington, Wilmington, Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Frankfurt