Brian P. Rancourt
Senior Business and Project Management Leader
- Gorham ME
- [email protected]
Established passionate, ethical leader with a focus in project management and business development. Achieve results rationally, decisively and on schedule with proven ability to transform ideas into action. Excel in problem recognition and solution implementation.
Strong analytical skills and knowledge in critical path methodology. Highly effective communicator with diverse groups at all levels. Successful in adopting, implementing and developing technology that enhances productivity, attracts and retains clients with proven success.
Cianbro is a nationwide construction company offering diverse contracting methods in multiple industries including civil, healthcare, energy transmission and marine. Annual revenues in excess of $600 million.
Responsible for the oversight and profit and loss of critical projects ranging from $5 to $20 million in the marine, energy and industrial markets while developing future opportunities. Manage teams from 15 to 100 people including internal and subcontracted members.
• Achieved 100% of assigned projects completed within budgets and schedules while meeting client expectations, business objectives and design guidelines.
• Organize and lead pre-project contracting, estimating, scheduling and document control teams.
• Define and demonstrate project scope, risk and costs with all management levels to obtain funding approval.
• Specialize in developing and maintaining financial controls resulting in an average 7 to 10 % margin increase for managed projects.
• Monitor quality and results with the clients to ensure 100% satisfaction.
• Organize Project Engineers, Architects, Legal Consultants, Construction Finance Managers and Administrative Support to function as a team with a common goal.
• Proactively identify and evaluate alternative solutions to best meet program goals regarding cost or schedule savings.
• Coordinate efforts of other corporate support functions such as Legal, Information Technology, Risk Committee, Purchasing and Senior Leadership.
• Manage special projects, initiatives or due diligence assignments from the executive team.
• Oversee the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process for Consultants, Contractors, and other professional services.
• Interact with governmental branches and regulatory agencies as required to ensure that projects comply with all applicable legal requirements and regulations
• Encourage and facilitate the development of staff and responsible for their yearly reviews.
• Senior Development consultant for alternate energy projects.
• Develop additional business opportunities with current and prospective clients.
• Collaborated with information technology to provide software solutions for the operations group.
• Created and implemented companywide customer retention strategies.
Holophane is a division of Acuity Brands Lighting, a global manufacturer of lighting fixtures and systems.
Responsible for the oversight of projects in the Commercial, Municipal and Government industries. Supervised multiple projects valuing approximately $35 million annually.
• Developed and implemented the new project management team at Holophane to retain core clients and access new markets.
• Created business conditions financial reports that included profit and loss to senior management weekly.
• Organized and implemented company-wide integration and communication standards with a focus on the customer.
• Identified and developed solutions for issues when a new business system software platform was integrated into the company.
• Managed a department of four Project Managers and one Project Coordinator and four customer service providers.
• Reviewed employee performance and adjusted their salary on a yearly bases.
• Interim Director of the Strategic Services Group, Inc. a subsidiary turn-key installation company.
• Lead Six Sigma process improvement kaizen events which included senior staff, clients and sub-contractors.
• Created visual business analytics that improved efficiency within the project management group.
The Potts Company is a general contractor in the Atlanta market.
Responsible for pre-construction services estimated work for a range of projects with estimated budgets between $20 million and $110 million.
• Pre-qualified potential suppliers, vendors and subcontractors prior to awarding contracts.
• Identified and made recommendations on value engineering items for cost savings.
• Outlined and purposed solutions on constructability issues.
• Qualified proposals from suppliers and subcontractors for specification compliance.
• Facilitated pre-construction coordination sessions with the Owner and Architect to identify project requirements.
• Created and maintained a quality working relationship between the Clients, Architects, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
• Evaluated architectural plans and specifications for constructability and design compliance.
• Developed and integrated standard software into the preconstruction department; trained other employees.
• Reviewed the project plans and schedule with stakeholders and made recommendations to improve the schedule and lower cost.
• Built and tailored estimates with for each type of contract i.e. Lump Sum, Unit Price, and Cost Plus etc.
Foxcor is a national Construction Management Consulting company.
Responsible for the Owner’s interest for end-to-end life cycle of projects ranging in size from $200 million to $500 million.
• Successfully negotiated a financial settlement a with fortune 500 company.
• Originated cost minimizing solutions for change order work.
• Developed a positive team environment with the Architects, General Contractors, Owner and other related parties.
• Resolved impeding project-related issues, disputes, and disagreements through mediation.
• Reviewed plans and specifications and verified document approvals including State and Federal permitting.
• Performed on-site observations of work progress and quality to ensure conformance with the contract documents.
• Evaluated the Contractor’s Schedule of Values, Request For Information, Proposal Requests, and Change Orders then advised the Owner regarding actions necessary to avoid delays in the progress of the work.
• Assisted the Architectural team in reviewing alternate plans and value engineering suggestions; then made recommendations to the Owner.
• Evaluated the General Contractor’s application for payment; advised the Architect and Owner regarding the amounts due the General Contractor.
Town of Gorham Maine, Economic Development Corporation
USA Hockey Level 3 Certified Coach