Cianbro is a nationwide construction company offering diverse contracting methods in multiple industries including civil, healthcare, energy transmission and marine. Annual revenues in excess of $600 million.
Responsible for the oversight and profit and loss of critical projects ranging from $5 to $20 million in the marine, energy and industrial markets while developing future opportunities. Manage teams from 15 to 100 people including internal and subcontracted members.
• Achieved 100% of assigned projects completed within budgets and schedules while meeting client expectations, business objectives and design guidelines.
• Organize and lead pre-project contracting, estimating, scheduling and document control teams.
• Define and demonstrate project scope, risk and costs with all management levels to obtain funding approval.
• Specialize in developing and maintaining financial controls resulting in an average 7 to 10 % margin increase for managed projects.
• Monitor quality and results with the clients to ensure 100% satisfaction.
• Organize Project Engineers, Architects, Legal Consultants, Construction Finance Managers and Administrative Support to function as a team with a common goal.
• Proactively identify and evaluate alternative solutions to best meet program goals regarding cost or schedule savings.
• Coordinate efforts of other corporate support functions such as Legal, Information Technology, Risk Committee, Purchasing and Senior Leadership.
• Manage special projects, initiatives or due diligence assignments from the executive team.
• Oversee the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process for Consultants, Contractors, and other professional services.
• Interact with governmental branches and regulatory agencies as required to ensure that projects comply with all applicable legal requirements and regulations
• Encourage and facilitate the development of staff and responsible for their yearly reviews.
• Senior Development consultant for alternate energy projects.
• Develop additional business opportunities with current and prospective clients.
• Collaborated with information technology to provide software solutions for the operations group.
• Created and implemented companywide customer retention strategies.