Director of Emerging Technologies
• Responsible for delivery of value through software and processes, deciding Build vs. Buy on technical initiatives. Identified, obtained, and implemented multiple tools to increase communication and collaboration in environment experiencing rapid growth (octupling personnel, quadrupling locations, doubling departments within 12-month period).
• Doubled company revenues by spearheading Chicago office roll-out – managing, in-person and remotely, multiple concurrent projects and personnel. Without formal position or authority, used leadership, organization, and communication skills to coordinate and align dozens of new hires, equipment, inventory, vendors, processes, and infrastructure to rapidly establish a profitable new location.
• Migrated paper-based production workflow tracking to web-based Kanban system - analyzed, created, and drove adoption providing: faster time to bill, multi-location collaboration on tasks, and increased communication amongst sales, billing, management and production teams. Wrote custom applications that integrated web API to provide automated backup and additional search capability to speed invoicing.
• Established company-wide CRM – investigated, recommended, drove adoption, and developed customized workflows. Developed applications that integrated with web API for backup, sales reporting, and marketing processes.
• Developed enterprise-wide token-based authentication service – featuring rate limiting, load balancing, traceability, automatic token expiration, and easy deployment/rollback.
• Developed web-based portal with ad-hoc reporting and interactive charts: providing reduced time to bill of hosted data through custom crawling service – integrating databases and remote structured files.
Skills Employed: Management, Leadership, Application Architecture, Kanban, LEAN development, C#, REST, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Postgres, nginx, web/API integration, Redis, git, node.js, TeamCity, Data Modeling, Candidate Interviews, AngularJS, Grunt