The Weinstein Company (and Dimension Films) is an independent movie studio founded by Harvey and Bob Weinstein in 2005. In their former incarnation as Miramax Films, they garnered 60 Academy Awards including three for best picture. Responsible for business development, branded entertainment and forming strategic partnerships that raise the awareness of Weinstein Company feature films and maximize ancillary revenue streams. Identify, pitch, and manage relationships with consumer electronics, cosmetic, alcohol, consumer packaged goods, financial, toy, automotive companies whose products would be placed in The Weinstein Company/Dimension films.
• Develop sweepstakes and promotional tie-ins with major national magazines and newspapers, online, TV and in-store prior to release.
• Develop on-pack and in-pack promotional tie-ins for DVD releases.
• Identify and sign strategic licensee partners in the toy industry.
• Find sponsors for movie premieres, award show parties and film festivals where Weinstein Company films are the focus.
• Forge long term, multi-million dollar partnerships that offer partners category exclusive participation across media vehicles including PROJECT RUNWAY TV show, the Ovation Arts Network, DVD and theatrical releases.
• Manage external agencies that identify potential partners that are a good fit for TWC properties.