Marketing and Communications Specialist with expertise in branding, marketing positioning, advertising, public relations and consumer research in the arts/entertainment industry. Innovative, with the proven ability to quickly convert multiple, creative concepts into tangible solutions.
Strengths & Skills
Media Strategy & Planning...Advertising...On-Air...Print Media
New & Emerging Marketing Vehicles...Grassroots Marketing
Budgets, Forecasting & Cash Flow...Relationship Management
- Through innovative direct mail marketing, internet and social media marketing, contributed to a 48% increase in giving, a 35% increase in attendance and a 27% increase in membership in a nationally declining sector over a five year period.
- Contributed to significant growth in organization through extensive public relations activities involving print, social media, cable television, direct mail and internet.
- Developed and enhanced brand image through the generation of relationships with notable entertainment talent, including an ABC News writer, a former "Today Show" correspondent, a Los Angeles NPR radio anchor, and an editor of a national magazine, which has contributed to double digit growth.
- Executed a six month cable television ad campaign aired locally on CNN, Fox, Nickelodeon and Discovery Channels, that contributed to a 20% increase in membership the subsequent year. Commercial received a Telli Award in 2005.
Marketing Programs (Development & Execution)
- Executed 15 direct mail campaigns for large live events to up to 30,000 households.
- Created large multimedia campaign for live events that included television, social media and print.
Media & Advertising Campaigns
- Launched extensive print, online, television campaign that led to significant growth in income and membership over four year period of time
- Developed successful print and radio campaign for live concert event at Cerritos Center.
Emerging Media Marketing
- Managed numerous comprehensive Facebook & Google Adwords campaigns for live events that led to attendance increases of 20-50%.
- Initiated Patch advertising and promotions throughout southern California that has raised profile of organization.
- Managed continuously growing marketing budgets totaling $200k+ over the last seven years.
- Oversaw advertising purchasing from over some 20 vendors including Charter Cable, National Public Radio, the Los Angeles Times, Facebook, Google and AOL Time Warner.
Manager of Marketing & Communications 2004 - Present
La Crescenta Presbyterian Church, Glendale, CA
Manage all aspects of branding including all signage, print materials, advertising, press releases, television advertising, website development, social media and marketing collateral. Directs a team of 14 people.
- Oversee all signage and print materials including numerous banners, brochures and website cross-marketing.
- Manage a marketing budget that has increased by over 475% in the last five years and grown to include approximately 35 employees and volunteers.
- Promote special concert events with capacity crowds in the community through multiple marketing channels. Performances included numerous charity benefit concerts which raised over $5,000 to help the poor in Tijuana, Mexico and World Vision Haiti relief.
- Created and launched a press release team that continues to spurn numerous articles and three front page photos/articles in the local Glendale News Press.
- Created and managed the development of an innovative promotional 35 minute DVD that was mailed to over 5,000 new residence owners for outreach involving local real estate agents.
- Oversaw the development of two new state-of-the-art websites and the strategic placement of Google Adwords and Facebook ads to promote special events that were responsible for recruiting many new members.
- Increased marketing communications including weekly Constant Contact emails, mass mailing campaigns (up to 30,000 residences) and the design and production of brochures/print materials that elevated community awareness and contributed to a budget surplus based on increased giving in 2009.
- Conduct extensive industry research through member surveys and polling of non-profit organizations.
- Secured local coverage on ABC News of Christmas event.
- As marketing and communications thought leader, invited to and presented at the Los Angeles area Presbyterian Leadership Conference (2008), Marketing and Communications in the 21st Century.
Marketing Coordinator 1998
Asia America Symphony, Los Angeles, CA
Led the marketing and sales effort to brand the orchestra in Southern California.
- Oversaw the branding of all aspects of the organization including print and radio.
- Successfully reached Korean, Japanese and Chinese market segments through effective radio and newspaper advertising in three languages.