San Diego Natural History Museum
- I am a top administrator in the Patron's Edge ticketing database (PE). I am responsible for creating all programs, events, price lists, coupons, and users. I pull GL strings and Project Codes from Financial Edge (FE). I sell memberships, ticketed events, create group reservations, and alert the Database Manager with data that needs clean up (when it has to be handled in Raiser's Edge (RE). I am the primary contact to TopTix (the support company) when there are problems or difficulties with PE for any user that cannot be corrected internally.
- I submit daily sales reports and run weekly reports for school group reservations and public program sales. I run reports and provide the monthly statistics for the Visitor Services and Education departments(many of these reports are cumulative to provide year-end statistics as well). I also submit these figures to Development for grants, proposals, annual reports, and follow-up stewardship and to the Balboa Park Cultural Partnership and San Diego Tourism Authority.
- I process all school group reservations and all program paperwork(such as youth camp emergency contact forms)-maintaining positive, professional, and continuous relationships with these guests and members.
- As a supervisor, I oversee Customer Service Associates who handle the Customer Service phone line and email and assist with sales and reservations as needed. I also provide support to front-line staff as needed(writing the manuals and providing PE training to new employees, assisting with sales or calls, and managing the floor).
- I have also assisted the CFO/COO and Sr. Director of Visitor Experience in creating the Visitor Services budget for the past two fiscal years: running and providing all reports from the ticketing system, analyzing and creating admissions forecast spreadsheets, and proofing for errors.
- I sat on the Marketing Task Force for Visitor Services during the absence of a director. I am currently on the Strategic Planning Team that is focusing on financial plans. I am on the Core Values and the Stakeholder subcommittees.
- I have also worked as a Visitor Services Associate, Visitor Services Associate Lead, and Education Assistant during my time with the Museum. I also provided temporary assistance as a Development Associate.
- As Temporary Development Associate, I provided assistance to the VP of Institutional Advancement and the Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving. I scheduled calendars, updated RE as needed, prepared the agenda for and attended Dev Ops and Prospects meetings, and researched prospects. I also prepared the space (email, digital, and paper files) and trained the incoming Associate to create a smooth transition for the department.