King Abdulaziz City for Science andTechnology, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
A - Research Work
Computational Fluid Dynamics :
- Intensive engineering experience in CFD simulation and modeling using CFD++ ,Ansys-Fluent, CFX, openFoam, ICEM, MIME, SolidWorks etc.
- Designed the whole numerical setup and performed many CFD simulations including aeronautical, automotive and structural areas.
- Established and evaluated computational models to study drag, lift , moments and their coefficients along with other fluid dynamics parameters.
Development of Conceptual and technical aspects of the Computer Aided Designs (CAD) and Meshing :
- Supervising all the technical aspects of the Model, i.e. developing splines and point clouds using polynomials and other mathematical approaches to obtain the most accurate result.
- Development of technical CAD drawings and models
- Profound knowledge of CAD modeled structures and assemblies
- Excellent skills to generate data and point clouds
- Immense ability to perform stress Analysis test
- Meshing is the most critical aspect of engineering simulation, i.e. handled very carefully because too many cells may result in long solver runs, and too few may lead to inaccurate results.We balance these requirements and obtain the right mesh for each simulation.
- Enormous experience in generating structured, unstructured and mixed cells of Tetrahedral, Hexahedral, Prismatic inflation layer etc using variety of softwares such as Ansys-Mesher , ICEM ,MIME, blockMesh, snappyHex, gmsh, salome, gridgen etc
Development of Optimization Methods to obtain desired Aerodynamic model/shape :
- Development of discrete and continuous adjoint approaches for use in aerodynamic shape optimization problems at all flow speeds. These are based on the Navier–Stokes equations with low Mach number preconditioning and the adjoint equations are derived either by employing the adjoint to the preconditioned flow equations.
- Support and development of the general purpose optimization software EASY (Evolutionary Algorithms System).
Numerical Computations and Mathematical Modeling in following areas :
- Computational Heat Transfer : Study of CHT for the numerical prediction of temperature distribution, heat flux, heat transfer rate, heat loss and turbulence due to heat transfer for steady and unsteady flow over numerous models (see attached list of simulations) using conductive, convective and radiative methods.
- Computational Chemistry : These projects involve the study of behavior of molecules using quantum chemistry. We simulate various problems using numerical methods such as Ab initio , Density functional method etc using commercial and open source software.
- Research Papers for Journals and Conferences
- Presentations for Conferences , Symposiums and Workshops
- Project Reports (Monthly / Quarterly / Annually )
- Project Patents, Proposals, Plans , and Road maps etc
- Recently prepared flagships and proposals (From A to Z) for the "MAARIFAH-2" i.e. is a multibillion Riyal funding program involving over 190 programs and 62 government organizations, to be developed in 4 stages over a 20 year period,that will facilitate collaboration, technology transfer, capacity building, promoting innovation, and commercialization of research. Certain research projects are listed in the "Research Projects Section"
B - Management Work
- International Procurement/Delivery/Customs/Installation/Training of Industrial Machinery and Equipment of any type i.e. used for the Manufacturing of Highly Precise and Durable Aeronautical components.
- Working on many collaborative projects with internationally reputed companies and research centers such as BOEING , ANTONOV , IBM Almaden Research Center , Stanford University etc.