Managing Director for Norwegian's subsidiary companies in Hawaii, including the brands of Polynesian Adventure Tours / GrayLine Hawaii & Luau Kalamaku.
• Polynesian Adventure Tours / GrayLine Hawaii is Norwegian's Tour & Transportation subsidiary, and the acknowledged premier tour and transportation company on the islands, with over 200 vehicles and 400 employees state-wide.
• Immediately after becoming Managing Director for Norwegian’s Hawaiian subsidiaries, it became evident that one of the primary business units was failing, losing roughly $30k in EBITDA annually. After a thorough competitive evaluation, we rebranded the assets and successfully restructred the business, creating $280k in positive EBITDA during the first year alone. By re-purposing the primary assets and business proposition for the division, we removed 60% of the unnecessary fixed costs / overhead associated with the previously flailing business model.
• When our largest client transferred 50% of their business to alternative products, we had a big sales gap to fill in order to hit plan for the year. I immediately had my sales organization re-evaluate all sales channels, reinforce key relationships with existing partners, & create new loyalty programs which incentivized our best clients with enhanced margins based on incremental volume / a tiered incentive system. We also completely rebuilt our online / direct business strategy from the ground up, constructing a new flagship website, creating 10+ microsites for driving product-specific business, and provided white-label sites for our closest travel partners. Within the first year, the results yielded a 115% increase in Direct Business, and the volume has continued to grow at an analogous rate since then.
• Created premium pricing options on the most popular product offerings by adding premier options for customers; increased top-line revenue on each by 15-20% with zero degradation in demand.
• Instituted upgraded seating options at Norwegian's entertainment venue; subsequently increased the top-line revenue by 20%, and (with no direct impact on our cost-structure) drove an incremental 20% directly to the bottom-line.
• With full P&L responsibility, prompted an overhaul to all financial reporting, P&L structures and budgeting / planning models to provide for consistency and transparency in financials.
• Instituted analytic and KPI platforms for reviewing business metrics; started operational / sales reviews weekly to discuss progress on key initiatives for driving top-line revenue while maintaining and reducing hard costs.
• Successfully negotiated countless multi-year/multi-term contracts, worth several million$
• Started the organization's first engagement committee, dedicating a critically needed team to oversee the perpetual commitment & growth of team members, and to ensure our continued involvement in the surrounding community.