MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Co-founder and Executive Director, Levitation 49, dedicated to economic diversification through mountain sports in Valdez, AK. In the organization's first year we doubled participation in ice and rock climbing fests, launched a fat bike event, launched and hosted a statewide outdoor recreation leadership conference and took over management and maintenance of four state park units.
- Founder of Confluence: Summit on the Outdoors, a leadership conference for business owners, land managers, and non-profits and other stakeholders in the outdoor recreation economy.
- Founder and president of Brand Amp, strategic brand communications. Design and develop strategic brand-building marketing communications plans, trade relations, community relations, promotions, and grass roots outreach for domestic and international brands that have included included Outdoor Industry Association, Collegiate Peaks Geotourism, Chaffee County Visitor's Bureau, Jackson Kayak, World Kayak, Outlast Technologies, Phenix Ski & Sports, Mammut, Buff USA, Professional Ski/Snowboard Instructors of America
- Instrumental in helping Jackson Kayak to grow to the leading seller of whitewater kayaks worldwide in just four years with little or no advertising and no sales rep network.
- Design and launch nationwide grassroots grow the game initiative for World Kayak forging relationships with national allies including National Park Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, National Association of State Parks directors, President's Challenge and Rapid Media Publishing (US and Canada)
- Grew tourism promotion tax revenues from $200K - $300 in four years. Won awards from the governor's office for outstanding community tourism initiative and from tourism trade association for excellence in brand launch campaign.
- Experienced strategist and negotiator developing and executing ways to leverage resources to create and deliver impactful events on limited budgets. Client examples: Teva Mountain Games, the Olympics of outdoor adventure sports; Outdoor Industry Association Rendezvous, the annual professiona development conference for industry leaders in human powered outdoor recreation industry; Nielsen Media Group Outdoor Retailer Summer Market trade show.
- Advocate for adventure travel and sustainable tourism. Guest speaker at conferences in the US and abroad.