Regional Sales Director
Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc.
I was promoted to company's largest geographic region of full-line stores consisting of five states and three major markets. I built successful store teams and managed retail, rental, and tailor-shop operations while developing Managers in Training and District Manager Candidates.
➢ Key Achievements:
- In only six months on the job, I grew the number of bonus eligible stores by 220% to include 90% of stores, with 60% of the stores having double digit increases as high as 41%.
- I finished my first year exceeding the companies highest "Quantum Leap" increase goaI and I grew tailor-shop revenue to #1 in the division.
- By the close of my second year, I had increased region volume by more than 22%.
- I positively impacted region results in all of the company's key performance objectives, as an example, I grew tailor-shop revenue and customer capture from #1 in the division to #1 in the company, and increased the region's permanent crease percentage from one of the lowest to one of highest in the company, with many weeks at #1.
- Over 4 years I averaged one of the highest retention rates of Store Managers in the company at 95%.
➢ Selected for key company roles:
- I served as a lead on the Merchandise Communication Committee, I determined global issues and concerns from all regions and communicated them to Merchants.
- I worked on the Platinum Customer Service Review Board which improved company customer service performance.
➢ Developed Successful Company Programs:
- I worked with a team of company leaders to create a national leadership development program that was rolled out to 600+ Store Managers and was considered the benchmark for building successful store teams.
- I developed a customer survey program which was acknowledged as instrumental in improving tailoring quality and customer satisfaction on a national scale.
- I helped create a commission worksheet for all sales people which enabled sellers to gain a greater understanding of their earning potential and credited with increasing their overall engagemen