High-performance C-level executive with 15+ years diversified experience in operations management, sales and marketing, and business development for start-ups and established companies in technology and media. Innovative and critical thinker recognized as a catalyst for breakthrough strategies that contribute to company revenue and profit objectives. Demonstrated ability to instill a common vision and develop a dynamic team based on trust and mutual respect. Core competencies and areas of expertise include:Technology Solutions - Complex Start-ups High Growth Environments - Partner Networks Contract Negotiations Market Segmentation - Pragmatic & Intuitive Strategist Proactive Leadership - Entrepreneurial Ventures
“Brad has rare and amazing qualities for a leader; he balances overall vision and strategic goals with very fast, hands-on productivity. Brad leads by example and draws people to him naturally, be it employees or customers. Cross-functional team members often come to Brad for ideas, as he’s known for outside-the-box thinking and an open-door approach. His sincere and casual style makes Brad fun and easy to work with but it’s his simultaneous focus on the end goal that truly sets him apart.”
Erin Kapczynski, Vice President, Marketing , Panache
“Brad is one of the best strategists I have encountered. A big thinker with the rare ability to see through the mist and execute the plan and meet the goals.
Adam Tuttle , VP Business Development, Online , Panache
"Brad is a very pragmatic and intuitive executive who is able to distill a messy picture into a few big issues. He's the first to point out the elephant in the room and tackle the most important issues. His steadfastness is complemented by resourceful "can do" attitude that often leads to creative solutions for seemingly impervious problems.
Roy Kosuge, Global Strategy and Planning , Faith, Inc
“Brad has the unique combination of business acumen and creativity. He is able to see through the issues and identify the opportunities that take an idea and turn it into a viable business plan.
Bill Farwell, CFO , Voce
“Brad is a thorough, innovative and results-driven executive. Brad's greatest skill is always being able to develop and quickly assess options to solve tough business issues. He is able to combine his knowledge of leading-edge technologies with real-world solutions to develop and manage products and programs that end-users will find valuable... and pay for. He is able to manage the vagaries of complex, start-up businesses in order to determine where resourses - both capital and human - will have thier greatest return. Brad's technical knowledge and business "smarts" are an asset for any business looking to grow top-line revenue and provide high-customer satisfaction. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, he's a great guy to sit and have a beer with.
Greg Farrell, VP, Distribution , Voce Wireless
“Brad has a knack for building great start ups. He excels at gathering talent of diverse backgrounds to build great teams. He also has a unique ability to generate ideas using out of the box methods and has the ability to set them in motion. Specifically, when Brad was confronted with a technical barrier, he managed to overcome the improbable by collaborating with third party service providers and found back door loopholes to grant access to data without which could have crippled the company.
Shannon Ronalds, National Retail Manager , Voce Wireless
“Brad has that unusual and extremely valuable combination of great vision when it comes to understanding the promise of a business, and extreme practicality when it comes to making the business actually work. He's an outstanding entrepreneur; I'd work with him again in a heartbeat.”
Angela Gvetvan, CEO , Leroi & Boom
“Brad is a solid A-player: an individual who can transition between the strategic and the tactical with a concentrated focus on success. He is well versed with assessing client/corporate needs. Most importantly, he executes those programs effectively, yielding the highest level of success for the client base.”
Tyler Spring, Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer , Spotlight Health, Inc.
Early Career History
AT&T Solutions - Management Consulting (1996 - 1997)
Price Waterhouse (1990 - 1994)
- Business and Real Estate Valuations, Senior Associate (1992)
- Business Valuations, Associate (1991)
- Audit Staff (1990)
2009 - Present
Chief Executive Officer
Hawker Media Group
Online video distribution company exclusively for the Direct Response Industry.
- Created and executed on business strategy to distribute direct response ads into online video.
- Developed exclusive business partnerships with Industry Leading Publication.
- Developed YouTube Partner channel for Direct Response commercial spots.
- Created digital business strategy for new Industry video archive site.
- Performed technology vendor reviews and negotiated pricing on behalf of partners.
- Created and negotiated relationships with multiple direct response advertisers and media agencies resulting in over 20 direct response products within 8 weeks of starting the business.
- Negotiated media buying deals with Yahoo, MTV, and others.
2006 - 2009
EVP of Strategy and Business Development
The leading enterprise level technology platform for the insertion of advertising into online video.
- Created and executed the go-to-market strategy, defined the company's value proposition and focused the company's sales efforts on select customer verticals and establishing partner channels.
- Sold and negotiated deals with initial customer targets. Initial customers included; CBS, Scripps, Yahoo and Break.
- Negotiated deals on behalf of sales team for all new customer accounts including; MTV, PBS, Bennett Productions, Adify, and Etype.
- Participated in initial pitches that ultimately landed Microsoft and Adobe as customers.
- Developed channel partnerships with Vignette, Gannett, and Cox.
- Devised the pricing strategy, led the efforts on business and market positioning, and worked closely with sales team to develop all sales tools.
2005 - 2006
Chief Operating Officer
A Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) for the luxury cell phone market.
- Created and executed the business strategy to develop and maintain a 24 hour care center/concierge service.
- Developed and created an innovative strategy for the Voce product (not yet used in the US), to circumvent lack of data availability from primary carriers which resulted in a faster time to market.
- Worked closely with sales and marketing executives to establish value proposition, pricing, and product features during the rollout phase.
- Launched mobile virtual network operator from concept to market in a timeframe that was approximately 50% faster than other much higher capitalized competitors.
2001 - 2005
Vice President, Digital Media
Spotlight Health Inc.
Boutique marketing, media, and public relations agency for celebrity-based health awareness programs and the development of celebrity-based health entertainment.
Vice President, Digital Media (2002-2005)
- Developed and managed entire media strategy of company including distribution deals, licensing, and programming.
- Led the creative and business development efforts on campaign strategies that resulted in over $4.5 million in sales.
- Created and executed sales strategy for Larry King book on cardiac disease, and developed marketing collateral and program for the Carnie Wilson gastric bypass surgery sold to hospitals and gastric bypass surgical centers.
- Negotiated a content syndication deal that tripled daily distribution of celebrity-health articles and added over 7.5 million potential new readers.
Director (2001 - 2002)
- Sold over $5 million of marketing, public relations, and production services.
- Facilitated over $10 million in sales of production and marketing services by developing marketing/media strategy presentations.
2000 - 2001
Vice President & General Manager
Early pioneering online entertainment company providing new shows from leading Hollywood writers.
- Held P&L responsibility for all aspects of marketing, distributing, and monetizing on-line programming.
- Negotiated content distribution deals that contributed to double-digit weekly audience growth rates, culminating in over one million show viewings per week and making Icebox one of the fastest growing brands of its time on the Internet.
- Established a gaming division to expand the franchise of each animated series and an independent channel to reduce programming costs from $10,000 per minute to virtually zero while allowing the company to identify new emerging talent.
- Developed and managed multiple revenue streams including the development of our advertising model, which constituted the largest portion of revenue to the company on a month-to-month basis, a licensing deal that was one of the first character licensing deals for a property that originated online, and our ecommerce business which included product design and fulfillment.
- Managed the growth and development of an infrastructure that grew from five employees to over 100 employees in under six months.
1997 - 2000
Senior Director of Product Management
USA Interactive (formerly Ticketmaster / CitySearch)
The leading on-line media company delivering local information and transaction processing.
Senior Director of Product Management (1998 - 2000)
- Developed and negotiated a technology partnership with Career Builder, an early stage online job search engine, for the national rollout of classifieds strategy that resulted in the development of a joint venture with the Los Angeles Times, Gannett, and Knight-Ridder.
- Created and managed a business unit that enabled local merchants to reach and transact golf tee-times, dining reservations, hotel reservations, event ticketing, and home services with CitySearch viewers.
Director of Product Management (1997-1998)
- Generated over 300% average customer revenue increase by identifying new customer products and repackaging existing products creating various "value" offerings in collaboration with the VP of Marketing.