Marketing & Business Teacher
Pine View High School (Washington County School District)
- Taught various marketing and business classes; including Full-Year Marketing, Leadership Management, Real Estate, Travel and Tourism, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Introduction to Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Keyboarding, Retailing, and School Store.
- Adjunct Teacher, Dixie State College. Negotiated with the School of Business to offer simultaneous college and high school credit for both Leadership Management and Marketing.
- Founder and advisor of the Leadership Academy, a county-wide program designed to keep our outstanding youth in our local area by building community leaders through networking with business and current leaders who will mentor the students by educating them on the benefits of our area while preparing them for future leadership roles.
- Students outperformed state test results EVERY year; with 87% students receiving certifications (state average 66%).
- Created and maintain marketing website (www.PVmarketing.org) for students and other teachers to utilize.
- Creator of the Pine View High School of Business program which allows students to "focus" their high school education in business, marketing, and computer classes to better prepare them for college and the workforce.
- Primary advisor to DECA for 8 years; continues in consulting role.