Trans Data Management Limited (TDM) provides data and telecom based communication and security solutions. As a systems integrator TDM aim to optimise the client’s requirements by specifying the most appropriate systems and integrate these systems into engineered solutions. TDM has solutions that allow for the integration of security and communication systems, including:
- Passenger Help Points;
- Customer Information Systems;
- Public Address Systems;
TDM services include design, supply, project management, installation, minor and enabling works, training and maintenance.
My role within TDM is to support the Sales team with all Large and Small Tenders, Proposals, Online Marketing and New Business Development. My role with TDM includes the following:
- To contribute to the search for new business opportunities.
- Map out potential customers & competitors.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop.
- Correspondence to prospects and clients.
- Coordination and development of marketing pieces for print and online use.
- Research into E-Marketing/Internet marketing services for clients/business.
- Development of internal pricing structures.
- Maintain documentation as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, price lists, etc.
- Support company in assigned project based work, including but not limited to:
- Sourcing OJEU notices, identify new tender opportunities through research, liaise with the management team to provide input to the tender and bidding process;
- Help compose and complete expressions of interest and PQQ submissions (to the highest quality);
- Applying a structured approach to the development of proposals;
- Analyzing the Request For Proposal including specifications, scope of supply and drawings;
- Allocate resources to each section, e.g. who responds to each requirement;
- Define the project schedule, costs, and deliverables (e.g. the proposal);
- Keep the deliverables on target by assessing the cost effectiveness of products and services, relative to bids as the project develops;
o Consulting clients, suppliers, personnel in other departments or Engineers to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues;
o Confer with engineers, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates;
o Preparation of estimates for use in selecting suppliers or subcontractors;
o Preparation and maintainence of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors directory;
- Coordinate the proposal delivery, printing and publications;
- Ensure that the proposal reads smoothly as a single document;
- Collate the entire document;
- Ensure that the proposal is submitted on time and in the correct format.