Aspen Surgical Products
- Exceeded expectations on last four (2005-2008) annual performance reviews by going above and beyond all job requirements to improve company standing.
- Assisted in interviewing candidates for Engineering Intern and Process Technician positions.
- Responsible for all manufacturing processes and machinery within production cell.Cell has over 15 machines and processes from full automation to hand assembly.Responsibility extends from fostering a lean manufacturing environment to FDA and ISO compliance. Daily tasks include:
- Managing and cross-training process technicians to maximize machine uptime, efficiency, along with PM and calibration execution.
- Interacting with operators, team leaders, techs, and supervisors to address and repair machine downtime and quality issues. View sample downtime histogram, scrap histogram, and scrap trendline
- Networking with new product development and marketing groups to implement new products and product line extensions.
- Meeting with suppliers and purchasing department to address product quality issues, pricing, and improvements.
- Collaborate with quality department to come up with solutions to customer complaints, corrective actions, and training issues.
- Managing corporate VIP projects to meet annual cost savings goals.Responsible for project ideas, cost analysis, presentation to VP’s, design and implementation.
- Validating new and revised products on production machinery by completing testing and written reports according to ISO standards.
- Drastically improved process quality and efficiency for companies’ #1 selling product.Went from several customer complaints to zero after poke-yoke and design improvements.
- Seized opportunity to manage and improve company wide gage calibration system without being solicited.Now responsible for employee training, oversight, and FDA and ISO audit compliance.
- Drastically improved process quality and efficiency for instrument guard punching process by completely re-designing press and dies.Went from several customer complaints and 50% efficiency to zero complaints and 90% efficiency.
- Successfully lead team through a major production cell layout revision to maximize efficiency and improve quality by reducing packaging debris. Responsible for creating layout drawing, ordering material handling equipment, and coordinating resources for over 15 pieces of equipment without disturbing production output.
- Successfully lead team through 2 process and product acquisitions from local companies. Responsible for coordinating meetings, learning process, training employees, managing production run at local company, and managing equipment move to our facility. Acquisitions were completed on accelerated timelines while meeting customer needs.
- Proficient with SolidWorks 2009 design software.