An experienced Project Management Professional and Consultant with an expertise in the critical paths of business, project management, and project monitoring/control.
Sep 2008 - Feb 2009
Assistant Project Manager
- Performed all life-cycle project tasks; including budgeting, vendor coordination and client relations.
- Documented and tracked multiple projects (net value of 3.5 million) including submittal tracking, shop drawings and field coordination.
- Managed several small projects (35K-70K in value) from start to completion with a 40% profit margin and 100% on time completion rate.
- Conducted coordination meetings, composed RFI documentation, procured and submitted product data.
- Experienced in multiple glass systems including glass make ups and installation/engineering of current systems.
Aug 2007 - Aug 2008
Project CoordinatiorInformation Systems Project Coordinator
- Undertook responsibility for assigned project activities and results, confirm commitments and the development of project schedules.
- Worked collaboratively with development personnel to identify project resource requirements, negotiate project resource commitments and ensure that assignments are made to complete deliverables within established time frames.
- Performed quality assurance reviews on a regular basis for project status report documentation.
- Ensured that requirements and actions for both the client and project team are thoroughly defined.
- Monitored overall project progress, providing project tracking and oversight by managing and controlling project activities.
- Served as a liaison for the client and project team.Respond to customer needs and increased customer satisfaction.
- Documented meeting minutes; drafting, finalizing and distributing within established time frames.
- Prepared meeting agendas, meeting facilitation and coordination.
- Tracked all risks, assumptions, issues and definitions that are client facing and project related as they arise into a shared client database.
Dec 2006 - Mar 2007
- Prioritized paperwork and the submittal process, maintained onsite material delivery status, and archived architectural change orders.
- Managed project scheduling, material inventories and engineering change orders all while remaining in budget.
- Composed Reference for Information (RFI) and, maintained and distributed meeting minutes with onsite subcontractors’ foremen. Providing this key information and updated task management was essential to remaining on schedule and within budget.
- Communicated project priorities to field staff, directed the workflow consistent with the project schedule and assisted the superintendent in quality control.
Sep 2004 - Dec 2006
Deputy Program Manager
Managed 120 employees and assisted in maintaining the companies largest client; Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Nation Library of Medicine (NLM), National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). Assisted in re-compete proposal writing and was awarded new contract for $40,000,000 - 5 years.
- Tracked and submitted monthly status reports to multiple clients vital to completing month end financial packages, resulting in on time invoicing and payment.
- Composed and delivered employee annual reviews, negotiated salaries and provided retention management. This enabled the project to remain on schedule and within budget.
- Designed, implemented and maintatined NCBI’s internal leave tracking system and updated employee files.
- Facilitated weekly Pipeline Meetings.
- Assisted with recruiting needs by identifying qualified candidates, conducted phone interviews and resolved consulting agreements with subcontractors. Resulted in accurate hiring and imperative customer service.
- Conducted business development by targeting potential business, scheduled and conducted meetings with new institutes and clients including the negotiation of rates and compensation. This resulted in several new contracts that produced profitable results.