VP, Marketing & User Experience
Recruited to build company’s marketing strategy from scratch. Implemented a metrics-driven decision making process and competitive analysis program to optimize business objectives. Manage all on-line and off-line marketing activities for $100M company with a 1,600,000 page website generating up to 20M monthly page views. Direct reports: 6; Indirect reports: 25
Business Development and Brand Reach
- Identified company opportunities and threats to help senior management create long-term business plans by developing first search engine position benchmark & SWOT analysis for each channel and product.
- Propelled subscriber rate for one product line by 275% in 4 months by developing and promoting a trial program; simplified sign-ups by reducing process from 10 pages to 2 pages.
- Introduced video product demos that generated over 120,000 views in 16 months and accelerated the sales pipeline.
- Negotiated close to $600K in free print advertising with a reach to over 4.5M users in 18 month.
- Pioneered social networks and established success metrics for business. Integrated social media in Marketing Plan.
- Secured mentions in dozens national/international publications; built the company’s PR department and client marketing program to build stronger relationships with new and existing prospects and brand awareness.
Web Development and Efficiencies
- Successfully redeveloped website and achieved 20% boost in online sales and 18% jump in traffic in one year; achieved these results after failed attempts by 2 predecessors and a loss of half a million dollars in development costs.
- Created inaugural web analytics system that analyzed click stream and enabled company to track visitors.
- Built sophisticated email survey system triggered by shopping cart abandonment rate to recapture lost customers.
- Re-launched search for database user interface that brought form abandonment down from 26% to 5% and generated 4,5 million in new yearly search revenue.