- Over 12 years’ experience creating marketing road-maps and strategic partnerships that help companies launch new products and services, build brand awareness, visibility, loyalty and improve site content and functionality.
- Track record of bringing order and accountability to e-marketing campaigns; successfully introduce measurable e-commerce initiatives that grow customer base exponentially with minimal acquisition costs.
- Background in web design/development, analytics, and sales. Previous owner of a boutique web consulting firm; have managed cross-functional and multi-site/virtual teams. Fluent in German.
As a marketing and on-line branding executive, I work with senior management and web developers to create unique websites that cut through the clutter and target the correct niche audience.
At the core of my approach is my interest in understanding how your customer thinks.Through the process of discovery and data analytics, I gather the necessary information to build websites that garner attention from those most interested in my clients’ services.
My approach helps me create sites that not only sell products, but create an emotional connection between the client and the brand. After customer loyalty is established, I focus on ways to continue to create an experience where information is accessible and purchasing options are easy to find and navigate.
Jun 2007 - Jun 2009
VP, Marketing & User Experience
Recruited to build company’s marketing strategy from scratch. Implemented a metrics-driven decision making process and competitive analysis program to optimize business objectives. Manage all on-line and off-line marketing activities for $100M company with a 1,600,000 page website generating up to 20M monthly page views. Direct reports: 6; Indirect reports: 25
Business Development and Brand Reach
- Identified company opportunities and threats to help senior management create long-term business plans by developing first search engine position benchmark & SWOT analysis for each channel and product.
- Propelled subscriber rate for one product line by 275% in 4 months by developing and promoting a trial program; simplified sign-ups by reducing process from 10 pages to 2 pages.
- Introduced video product demos that generated over 120,000 views in 16 months and accelerated the sales pipeline.
- Negotiated close to $600K in free print advertising with a reach to over 4.5M users in 18 month.
- Pioneered social networks and established success metrics for business. Integrated social media in Marketing Plan.
- Secured mentions in dozens national/international publications; built the company’s PR department and client marketing program to build stronger relationships with new and existing prospects and brand awareness.
Web Development and Efficiencies
- Successfully redeveloped website and achieved 20% boost in online sales and 18% jump in traffic in one year; achieved these results after failed attempts by 2 predecessors and a loss of half a million dollars in development costs.
- Created inaugural web analytics system that analyzed click stream and enabled company to track visitors.
- Built sophisticated email survey system triggered by shopping cart abandonment rate to recapture lost customers.
- Re-launched search for database user interface that brought form abandonment down from 26% to 5% and generated 4,5 million in new yearly search revenue.
Jan 2004 - Jun 2007
Owner / Principal
Full P&L and management responsibility for boutique web design firm that has designed over 100 websites for major corporations in the consumer goods, food services, and healthcare space as well as sites for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Staff: 12
- Launched Brut Cologne’s first website and grew traffic to over 157,000 unique visitors in first year by introducing sweepstakes, building 80,000+ member mailing list, implementing banner campaigns, and creating Ron Capp’s drag race blog to announce sponsorship with NHRA and introduce the Brut drag racing team. Established web presence for six additional product lines related to the parent company.
- Boosted number of visitors from 360,000 to 1.2M in less than one year for Ruby Tuesdays fast food chain by analyzing pages viewed, monitoring customer base, trending visitor cycles, and uncovering key demographics indicators.
- Accelerated web-based sales leads from virtually zero to over 200 annually for Beau Dietl, the largest private investigation firm in New York City, by redesigning copy to incorporate less text and more consumer-centric content.
- Captured new multimillion-dollar vertical market and garnered attention on the front page of The Wall Street Journal for Ruby Tuesdays’ Smart Eating meals by being first fast food chain to include nutritional values on website.
- Introduced lucrative new revenue stream for photography agency by building 2,000-image stock photo search engine.
- Consult with business stakeholders in development of Internet portal projected to shave hundreds of hours off physician certification program; portal will allow for transition from classroom to virtual training and streamlining of administrative back end functions.
- Reduced shopping cart redundancies by 100% for gourmet cookie manufacturer by re-engineering check-out features to include customized plug-ins such as a personal address book feature.
- Significantly improved ability to track multi channel marketing initiatives for Brut Cologne by implementing unique landing pages to monitor origins of site visits.
- Developed online strategy to reposition nursing home as industry leader by re-branding website and text to capitalize on facility’s unique attributes and market differentiators.
Jan 1997 - Jan 2004
Web Developer & Desktop Publisher
Freelance Web Developer
Created web pages with functionality, innovative design, custom forms, and interactive tools for multiple professional and promotional websites and digitally retouched high resolution images. Oversaw full life-cycle of projects and maintained sites after build phase was completed. Managed sub-contracting teams.
1991 - 1998
Created photo editorials for magazines including Ocean Drive, Latin Elle, and Fashion Spectrum.
Global Public Relations/Advertising
Staff Management & Development
Contract/Strategic Alliance Negotiations
Senior Level Presentations & Briefings
Business Planning/SWOT Analysis
Content Management Systems
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Auction Site Design & Interface
Art Direction/Graphic Design Online
Web Design Internet and Intranet
Website Audits and Re-Branding
Website Consulting/Strategic Planning
1991 - Present
School Of Applied Science
Apprenticeship in photography.