Network Trading Manager
Pacnet Global / Telstra Global
- Source quotations and rates from vendors to support sales opportunities and complex bid and deliver competitive solutions for customer network requirements.
- Typical products procured are IPLC, IPVPN, IPT, EIPL, DIA, EVPN and Local Access products in regions like Singapore, Thailand, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and EMEA regions
- Strong knowledge and understanding of local loop products in South Asia markets especially Singapore
- Knowledge in subsea cables as part of the purchasing decision on best possible route / cost.
- Support cost of access (COA) budget and savings.
- Support the company’s margin target in pricing negotiation with providers.
- Provide support to the management to manage COA budget.
- Support COA savings target and manage COA savings projects.
- Negotiate agreements and rates with vendor.
- Develop and maintain relationship with global carriers and local access providers across various regions with focus on South Asia countries.
- Negotiate contract and agreements with vendors to ensure Pacnet to be market competitive by driving down the backbone cost and spending on off-net circuits.
- Develop and support Pacnet’s local access and 3rd party off-net strategy to ensure Pacnet has a competitive market advantage in terms of cost economics, speed-to-market, scalability and ability to meet or surpass customer requirements.
- Develop network plan and prepare business case to support network grooming, integration, migration and expansion projects
- Review the suppliers list from time to time to ensure our vendors can support Pacnet’s network requirements and customer needs including SLAs, termination rights…etc