Senior Manager, Procurement & Supplier Management, South Asia (previously known as Network Trading Manager in PG)
Telstra Global / ex-Pacnet Global
- Source quotations and rates from vendors to support sales opportunities and complex bid and deliver competitive solutions for customer network requirements, and in this process using procurement 7 steps strategic sourcing process wherever applicable
- Typical products procured are IPLC, IPVPN, IPT, EIPL, DIA, EVPN and Local Access products in regions like Singapore, Thailand, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and EMEA regions
- Strong knowledge and understanding of local loop products in South Asia markets.
- Managing supplier spend of approx USD $20M annually.
- Knowledge in subsea cables as part of the purchasing decision on best possible route / cost.
Besides the main task above, other major aspects of my work are,
- Support cost of access (COA) budget and savings (approx at least USD 1M in cost savings in my team)
- Support the company’s margin target in pricing negotiation with providers.
- Provide support to the management to manage COA budget.
- Support COA savings target and manage COA savings projects through various market tactics.
- Negotiate agreements and rates with vendor.
- Develop and maintain relationship with global carriers and local access providers across various regions with focus on South Asia countries.
- Negotiate contract and agreements with vendors to ensure Telstra to be market competitive by driving down the backbone cost and spending on off-net circuits.
- Develop and support Telstra's local access and 3rd party off-net strategy to ensure Telstra has a competitive market advantage in terms of cost economics, speed-to-market, scalability and ability to meet or surpass customer requirements.
- Develop network plan and prepare business case to support network grooming, integration, migration and expansion projects
- Review the suppliers list from time to time to ensure our vendors can support Telstra's network requirements and customer needs including SLAs, termination rights…etc