Global Fortune 10 Technology Leader…acquired Compaq Computer Corporation in 2002
Twenty-year management career highlighted by significant leadership roles in software and product development, business unit startups and turnarounds, global business development, and new technology integration. Sought after presenter and keynote speaker at industry trade shows, conferences and seminars for Microsoft, Symantec, Citrix and HP. Key highlights include:
Manager, Business Development
Challenged to grow market share exclusively for PC blades worldwide. Facilitate new product training throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas, and identify new opportunities to capture market share.
- Recently negotiated an agreement with Citrix Systems to bundle software, and developed go-to-market sales model projected to increase PC blade revenue by 30% over the next 9 to 12 months.
Manager, Software Development
Pioneered the first ever internally developed, revenuable software business for HP’s Personal Systems Group. Provided vision and direction in market research, R&D, feasibility studies, software design, engineering, sales and marketing strategy. Managed cross-functional development teams, all value pricing and cost development strategies.Cultivated and maintained relationships with key development partners (Microsoft, Symantec, Citrix) and negotiated royalty agreements.
- Grew software revenue from a zero base to $2 million annually within two years.
Manager, New Product Strategies
Handpicked after the HP/Compaq merger to direct the conceptualization and worldwide launch of PC blade technology. Accepted management leadership for a cross functional team of 12, all strategy and roadmap vision, marketing, pre and post sales planning, budgeting, competitive analysis, and partnering alliances.
- Grew PC blade revenues from a zero base to $50 million annually.
North America Sales Manager
Chosen by senior management to lead the turnaround of an underperforming sales organization experiencing laggings sales and customer service issues. Assumed leadership for a regional sales team of 24 (selling thin client products), all budgeting, sales and product training, strategic and tactical sales planning, sales modeling, pricing strategy and client interface.
- Introduced new sales engagement model, and facilitated a new sales and product training initiative that increased sales by 62% within a six-month period.
Thin Client Business Unit Manager
Pioneered Compaq’s global entry into the thin client marketplace for the desktop PC division. Created business model, and led the startup of a new product category to include strategic and tactical planning, staffing, budgeting, business development, partnering alliances, OEM agreements, go-to-market strategy, marketing and engineering leadership.
- Cultivated and secured a partnering alliance with WYSE, and launched thin client product worldwide within 9 months of conception.
- Trained and empowered sales account teams, and managed key client interface across 26 countries.
- Drove business unit revenues from a zero base to $100 million in less than three years (now a $500 million business).
Manager, Business Operations/Corporate Development Officer
Handpicked to lead the demand/supply strategy for a $2.5 billion display and options operation. Held full responsibility for a team of business analysts, all business modeling, case studies, risk assessment, pricing and competitive strategies. Created and implemented a market intelligence database division-wide and a new global pricing strategy that significantly enhanced profit margins. Assumed concurrent leadership in the structuring and negotiating of contracts with software vendors to bundle software with notebooks and PCs.
- Saved the company over $37 million annually in supply chain costs and eliminated $100 million worth of inventory through the conceptualization and launch of Compaq’s first direct-ship and third-party hub programs.
- Delivered over $8 million annually by negotiating and securing bundling agreements with leading software companies.
Chief Technology Officer
Challenged to establish a virtual technology team of thought leaders from different disciplines to interface with product development to integrate state-of-the-art technologies into new office designs worldwide. Cultivated and managed the partnering alliance between Compaq and MIT, and developed intellectual property at MIT’s Media Lab for Compaq’s new product designs.
- Sought as a speaker and lecturer on the latest technology trends at technology conferences.