Hockey, Skiing, Mountain Biking, and Outdoor activities
Enterprise Software Implementation
Implemented 3 different ERP systems, 2 different WMS systems (several locations and product lines). All implementations were completed on-time and on-budget.
Merged multiple IT staffs into one effective unit. Reduced staff and cost while improving service levels.
Set departmental expectations by developing a yearly vision for the department and measured success against the plan at the end of the year.
Implemented a Business Intelligence solution to improve the company’s analytical abilities and to replace 90% of the current reporting. By doing this, reporting was detached from the ERP system reducing the planned ERP implementation and ensuring management reporting would remain intact.
Effectively used internal staff, external staff, and software as a service (SAAS) to manage costs while improving functionality and reliability.
Created an IT staff that partnered with business leaders. It is only through these relationships that true IT value can be created. These partnerships allow IT to drive change and innovation.
Honed my communication and presentation skills while providing technical sales presentations for an IT consulting company.
Executive level IT leader with experience in strategic planning, aligning IT with the business, leading both IT and non-IT initiatives, managing IT resources (internal and external), project management, vendor management / negotiations, ERP / WMS expert, extensive business process knowledge, integrating the web and the business.
- 25 Years IT experience
- Effective Leadership
- Cost Management
- Excellent communicator
- Team Builder / Motivator
- Setting Expectations
- Continuous Improvement
- Quality solutions in expected time frames
- Applying technology to enhance the business
2005 - 2011
VP of Information Technology
- Selected VP of multiple brands during merger
- Restructured multiple IT groups into one effective group, reduced IT cost by $1.2M, increased service levels
- Merged multiple ERP systems into one; on time, on budget, reducing maintenance and support costs
- Implemented outsourcing of commodity applications (EDI, email..) providing cost savings and improved service levels
- Implemented a Business Intelligence solution to provide new insights into the business and to detach reporting from the ERP system in preparation for a new ERP system
- Moved data center to a co-location; improved network, power, data security, redundancy
- Managed a 13 location telecommunications network providing data and voice. Continually found ways to reduce telecommunications costs, 200K in the last two years.
- Reduced IT expenses each year through consolidating services and contract negotiation
- Aligned IT with the business, ensuring IT resources were always used to provide value to the organization
- Created an IT department that became a unifying force in the organization. Our ability to complete projects and build relationships had a positive impact on other departments.
- Lead team to create and implement disaster recovery plan for the primary business systems
2001 - 2005
Director of Consulting Practice
Capricorn Information Systems
- Managed all consulting resources
- Technical sales presenter, responsible for replying to all RFP's, developed proposals for all engagements
- Developed a consulting offering based on creating web based i-series applications. Assisted various companies in creating data driven websites. At this time data driven websites were unusual. Today it is the standard.
- Designed and implemented a merchandising system for Ralph Lauren Childrenswear that revolutionized their sales process.
- Designed component based applications to aid rapid development. Providing our customers applications in less time at reduced cost. This provided our company an edge when responding to RFP's.
- Integral in the opening of an offshore office in Poland, reducing our operating cost by 80%.
1997 - 2001
- Murray Feiss Imports - Led team of 30 to implement a warehouse management solution, Logistics Pro. Created RFP, managed product selection, ensured project objectives were met. The system was implemented successfully; on time, on budget, functionality exceeded project objectives. This project revolutionized shipping; allowing for one day shipping, improved inventory accuracy, eliminated physical inventories via cycle counting, reduced labor cost, improved receiving and work order management
- Innovex Inc. (Quintiles) - Led a team of 25 individuals implementing PeopleSoft financials. The project included AM, AP, AR, GL, Project Costing, and Purchasing. The project was successfully implemented in seven months, exceeding the client's expectations for which I received a bonus.
- PAR Pharmaceutical Inc. - filled the position of IT Director while a job search for the position was completed. I was offered the position, but declined to continue consulting.
1993 - 1997
System Development Manager
PAR Pharmaceutical Inc
- Responsible for all development activities , staff development, software product selection, vendor management
1986 - 1993
Telecommunications Project Leader, Senior Programmer Analyst, Technical Support Specialist
American Cyanamid Company (American Home Products / Wyeth)
- The foundation of my career in IT. Held every support position in the department. Was offered new positions every year or two; operator, help desk, developer, systems analyst, telecom technician.