- Established foundational distribution network and infrastructural tools that drove new vehicle start-up to exceed revenue goal by 12%. (Vectrix)
- Increased revenue by 44% in first year of business plan implementation (Sprite in South Africa) while elevating brand to #2 in market. (The Coca-Cola Company)
- In a declining category managed $21M Consumer Advertising & Promotion budget to grow brand share in consecutive 4-week period for 2.5 years. (Crayola)
- Lead "New Ventures" group to stage $70M new business opportunity. (Kellogg's)
Senior Brand Marketing & Communications Executive, highly skilled in the development and stewardship of consumer brands. Creative-thinking marketer with a passion for transforming breakthrough consumer insights and product benefits into powerful brand propositions. Owns demonstrated capability in all aspects of the strategic marketing process with proven success in delivering business goals.
International Business Experience
Integrated Marketing & Activation
New Product Development & Testing
Partnership MarketingTrade Shows & Events
2007 - 2008
Socially responsible new vehicle start-up
Ignited new business development for revolutionary, zero emission platform technologies in two- and three-wheel applications within the $8.4B motorcycle category. Developed initial brand strategy and built activation plan to be executed in domestic and priority European markets.
- Created and implemented (in less then 2 weeks) crisis information management strategy for communicating with consumer, dealers and media.
- Activated brand strategy through planned partnerships with 2010 Winter Olympics, Boston Marathon and Florida Power & Light
2005 - 2007
Owner & President
Great Harvest Bread Company
Franchisee of scratch-made whole grain products
Pursued entrepreneurship through ownership of whole grains-based franchise. Led staff in daily production and sale of scratch-made whole grain breads, breakfast offerings, premium sandwiches, specialty coffee & espresso beverages and gift line in 2500 sq. ft retail storefront.
2002 - 2005
Crayola LLC, Subsidiary of Hallmark Inc.
$625M Most well-known brand of Children's Arts and Supplies
Director of Marketing Services
Led creative development and execution of best-in-class integrated marketing communications with a 43-member team of Advertising, Promotions & Partnership Marketing, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Consumer Affairs, Merchandising, Market Research, e-commerce and Content professionals. Managed $21M Advertising and Promotion budget. Member of Marketing Leadership, Senior Operating Team and Diversity Committee.
- Grew brand share every consecutive 4-week period for 2.5 years in a declining category.
- Launched prolific stream of new products with incremental sales of $15M.
- Implemented first advertising ROI model and Message Management protocol.
2000 - 2002
$11B Producer of cereals and convenience foods
Director of Brand Equity (Convenience & Cereal Division)
Led business performance of $466M cereal brand portfolio with full P&L responsibility. Determined viability of business opportunities in $800M granola/energy bar and $500M fruit snack categories.
- Increased Mini-Wheat franchise profitability by 20%. New package graphics and copy tested above norm.
- Reformulated strategy, brand positioning and copy strategy for Krave Energy Bar.
- Prepared launch strategy for fruit snacks achieving $0 to $70M in three years.
1991 - 2000
The Coca-Cola Company
$28.9B World's largest beverage company
Marketing Manager, Johannesburg, South Africa (1997-2000)
Promoted to expatriate assignment to reinvigorate business development in $118M, 10-country Division including the 10th largest global market. Member of Senior Operating Team. Led local marketing staff within three Region Offices and managed Media function.
- Drove annual 10% revenue growth for brand Coca-Cola for three-year period.
- Elevated Sprite brand from #3 to #2 in market within 12 months with 44% unit case growth.
- Introduced first locally created Sprite advertising, a totally integrated proprietary television program and a multi-tiered Sprite/NBA strategy.
Advertising Manager, Global Marketing Division (1991-1997)
Managed advertising development and production for a broad portfolio of global and international brands including the global launch advertising for Sprite "Obey Your Thirst" campaign.
1982 - 1991
McCann-Erickson Advertising, Inc
Worlds 2nd Largest Advertising Agency
Account Management - GMC Truck, Buick Motor Division, Coca-Cola