Network Operations Centre Engineer
IDT Global Industries Ltd.
This job involved being solely responsible for monitoring the telephone switch and its interface to their calling card platforms. I also took calls from customers and opened and tracked their issues, dealing with the customer directly until they were satisfied.
- An ability to work in a small start-up company - with the ability to "find it yourself" was a requirement
- Relied on myown technical ability as not others had moreknowlege in my area
- A keen eye for detail, and an ability to keep ownership of tasks was necessary to ensure faults were found and rectified.
- Negotiation was needed between sometimes irate customers and outside suppliers to ensure service was restored to clients.
- Organisational skills and prioritisation were necessary to juggle sometimes competing tasks.
- Scheduling and managing engineers to repair faults.