Experienced Training and Development Specialist seeking company in search of a unique and engaging training specialist enhance company image and success, improve the customer experience and encourage a problem free workplace. Company must exhibit a passion to serve customers with excellence, enthusiastic about long term professional development for associates and exercise a willingness to inspire others.
Reading, cooking, hunting, gardening, landscaping, volunteering, public speaking
Training & Development Specialist
Metrics Improvement • Performance Enhancement • Talent Enrichment • Employee Engagement • Industry Best Practices • Published Author • Recognized Authority • Impeccable Work Ethic
Receiving multiple “Trainer of the Year” awards for a $1.3B, 1,700-person market leader, my initiatives have been wildly successful in catapulting customer support service levels and steering substantial cost savings. My decade of Training & Development experience encompasses both leadership and hands-on delivery; this gives me a unique advantage in leading your call center training organization to success. The substantial effect of my procedural turnarounds and process improvements can turn your training department from a cost center to a profit center.
Never content with the “status quo,” I am a consistent source of ideas that work, and widely recognized for aligning a customer care center’s goals with solutions, from inception through rollout. My guiding principles are to increase revenue, decrease costs, grow the firm, and provide a problem-free environment, with staff performing like a well-oiled machine. But creating employee engagement to affect real behavioral change at all organizational levels has been the key to my success. Let’s have a conversation about what my abilities can do for you.
·Creator of Compelling Change
·Reputation for Consistent Leadership Success
·Training Design with Impressive Process Improvement Results
Mar 2010 - Present
Knights of Columbus 9748
Conduct and participate in fund raising events for:
·People Helping People
·Habitat for Humanity
May 1997 - Feb 2010
Training and Development Specialist
Translated business strategy into major service level improvement initiatives. Successfully provided direction during periods of exponential growth and decline, and implemented seamless change management during strategic reorganization.
Responsible for the training of 350 front line customer contact personnel and 24 in a management/supervisory capacity. Also initiated and delivered training across 3 additional business areas.
Quickly attained expert status when immersed in new environments, with the reputation as the "go-to guy" for solving training issues. Constantly researched training best practices and distributed across team.
• Initiated a fresh new hire training process, reducing expensive turnover from 50% to 30%, chopped new hire errors by 75% and customer complaints in half.
• Used ADDIE model (analyze, design, develop, implement & evaluate) to specialize processes, slashing backlog from 10 days to 3 days and reducing call volume by 6%.
• Automated Customer Service survey, saving 7.29 Full Time Equivalents.
• Developed needs analysis from survey responses and trained accordingly, which increased Customer Survey score from 72% to 86%.
• Responsible for 3 innovative training initiatives that diminished cost per call by 50-59%, dropped abandon rate to 2.5% on 10K daily volume, and increased service level from 63% to 85%.
• Crafted campaign that decreased issue related talk time from 7.5 min. to 3.5 min with 90% of these calls resolved within 24 hours
Nov 1989 - Mar 1997
Customer Care Supervisor
National Group Health Insurance Company
• Energize and motivate team through positive support of measurable and favorable customer service standards.• Provide feedback and follow up on performance of tasks to customer service associates.• Elevate all knowledge performance related issues to Training Department immediately.• Provide recognitions and motivation of the team of customer service associates.• Execute team competitions by creating incentives to encourage associates. • Respond and take actions to customer concerns and complaints. • Screen candidates and conduct interviews for the applied post. • Complete new hire paperwork, and providing functional and orientation training for all potential customer service associates. • Ensure compliance with all organization’s policies and procedures. • Communicate solutions, successes, and opportunities to the Manager of customer service. • Supervise, coach and train customer service associates