Carval Investors, LLC
Directed a cumulative $1.6 billion national portfolio of opportunistic and value-added commercial real estate investments from acquisition through asset management and disposition.
- Managed multiple long-term joint venture partner relationships and consulted on their strategic direction, personnel allocation and capital planning; worked through conflict resolution to determine win-win solutions.
- Invested $577 million in equity capital consistent with value-added and opportunistic investment objectives; utilized internal and external resources to model cash projections, perform due diligence and negotiate purchase documents.
- Sourced multiple debt alternatives, both directly and indirectly, to find the most favorable combination of economic parameters and terms; negotiated loan agreements and modifications when required.
- Worked directly with leasing agents and property management personnel to achieve business plan objectives on over 11.5 million square feet of commercial property and 5,300 apartment units.
- Determined optimal time to sell properties relative to their incremental value creation potential based on market conditions and business plan progress; managed sale process including selection of brokers and document negotiation.
- Sourced new joint venture partners in targeted markets to increase access to desired deal flow. Structured economic terms and agreements to ensure alignment of interests and provide incentives for success.
- Performed quarterly reviews and valuations of investments to comply with investor reporting requirements.
- Interfaced with investors to explain the company's investment process and competitive advantages and took part in periodic updates on performance and strategy.
- Managed third party service providers including internal and outside attorneys, leasing agents, investment sales brokers, property managers, appraisers and engineering consultants.