Founded in May 2001, Bridge Bank, N.A. is a full service business bank dedicated to meeting the financial needs of small to middle-market businesses in the Silicon Valley business community. Bridge Bank's Technology Banking Group also has an office in Irvine, CA that serves the Southern California market and offices in Dallas, TX and Reston, VA that serve the Central and Eastern Regions of the U.S. market. Bridge Bank provides clients with a comprehensive package of business banking solutions delivered through experienced and professional bankers.
Bridge Bank's Technology Banking Group was launched in April 2005 to provide banking solutions designed specifically for the unique needs of venture backed and non-venture backed technology companies in every stage of a technology company's life cycle. Depository and Credit solutions offered by Bridge Bank's Technology Banking Group include 24/7 internet-based business cash and treasury management, on-line account statement and item imaging, remote deposit capture, business credit cards, commercial lines of credit, growth capital financing, international trade services, Export-Import financing, foreign exchange payment services, and factoring and asset-based loans.
Bridge Bank's Technology Banking Group opened a business development office in Reston, VA in November 2006 to focus on building a portfolio and creating a presence in the Eastern Region markets. I was the second hire in the Reston office and was brought in to assist the Eastern Region's Market Manager with building the portfolio. To date, the Eastern Region's Technology portfolio has over $90M in deposits and loan outstandings with $55M in total loan commitments.
Responsibilities as the Assistant Vice President for the Eastern Region include:
- Manage Eastern Region's $90M portfolio of deposit and loan relationships.
- Analyze creditworthiness of new prospects for the preparation, structuring, and negotiating of loan proposals.
- Complete underwriting for the preparation of credit write-ups for new prospects and existing loan relationships.
- Present credit write-ups to the appropriate loan committee for approval.
- Work with Bank's outside legal counsel to negotiate and document approved loan transactions.
- Assign appropriate risk grading for loan relationships and maintain acceptable credit quality.
- Ensure all loan relationships are providing timely and accurate financial reporting to monitor performance.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities for Cash Management, International Finance, FX, and Trade Service products and make appropriate referrals.
- Oversee activities of Credit Analyst and assign tasks to assist in the management of the portfolio.
- Engage prospects and referral sources by attending marketing events sponsored by the Technology Banking Group. Marketing events include conferences by the AlwaysOn Network, Northern Virginia Technology Council, Virginia Chamber of Commerce, and Northern Virginia High Tech Prayer Breakfast.
My initial role was a Credit Analyst before being promoted Relationship Manager and assuming responsibility for the growing portfolio.
My responsibilities as Credit Analyst included:
- Monitored financial reporting for all loan relationships.
- Monitored financial covenant compliance for all loan relationships.
- Processed loan advance and payment requests.
- Completed underwriting for the preparation of credit write-ups for new prospects and existing loan relationships.
- Maintained accurate loan files with proper documentation.
- Documentation and booking of all approved loan transactions.
- Progressively assumed all duties of Relationship Manager.