- Worked directly with the CTO to design and deploy Linux servers from the ground up.
- Conducted LAN/WAN/VPN administration, AD/DNS installation and configuration of wireless access points.
- Designed and implemented MySQL and PostgreSQL databases for Ubuntu server OS.
- Improved redundancies by adding highly available (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) solutions like RAID configurations, internal cloud backup and load balancers.
- Employed TCP/dump and Wireshark to troubleshoot, repair system issues, and verify proper network paths were used.
- Secured company data through implementation of SSL/TLS, server-side encryption, and writing SSL certificates and private keys.
- Installed and configured issue and project tracking software JIRA by Atlassian.
- Provided technical leadership for the team to utilize JIRA, Mattermost (self hosted Slack alternative), and ownCloud.
- Managed projects simultaneously, kept current on all project updates, and attended weekly SCRUM meetings with Groupt team members