- Deploying and maintaining servers in a 24/7/365, multi-platform (primarily CentOS/RHEL), data center environment serving live websites and customers.
- Responsible for configuring and troubleshooting LAMP server environments.
- Server security:
- Firewall configuration: iptables, firewalld, and Windows Firewall.
- Mitigating DDoS and brute-force attacks.
- Implementing best-practices such as RSA key authentication and enabling remote access (SSH/VNC/RDP) over non-standard ports.
- Server migrations with little-to-no downtime.
- RAID configuration (both hardware and software).
- VLAN management and switch configuration (primarily Cisco and Juniper).
- Server network configuration.
- Troubleshooting network issues in a highly complex environment, working with several upstream network partners.
- Proactive server monitoring and management.
- Works with clients to conduct a Root-Cause Analysis following downtime.
- Resolving issues before clients are even aware of them.