RGW NGN Design Director:
- Leads the design of the transmission network in order to support the horizontal and the vertical growth of the RGW network. This $1.5B project will implement 4 major sub sea cable systems linking East Africa, Mediterranean area, East of India and Transpacific to the rest of RGW network.
- Delivers strong leadership in product development support for RGW vertical growth: EoSDH, OTN, Bandwidth on Demand, Design and Capacity database development.
- As part of the procurement team, helps negotiating the RGW NGN contract.
FALCON SDH Program Manager:
- Provides a strong leadership to design the transmission network architecture (Synch, SDH, WDM) and supervise the implementation of network solutions linking 13 countries (India, Egypt, Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iran, Maldives, Yemen and Sudan) and 17 landing sites for a total project cost of $450M and responsible for a team of more than 20 engineers.
- As part of the procurement team, helps negotiating with Alcatel Submarine Networks (ASN) for the Technical Solution, System Acceptance Terms and Q&A of Falcon and Contract Variations (CV).
- Manages the certification of SDH and Submarine Terminal devices from manufacturing plants to cable stations through various tests including Factory Acceptance Tests, In-station Tests, Segment Tests and System Tests.
FNAL Design Manager:
- Led (Design authority) the conception of the SDH Network and WDM backhaul for the FLAG North Asia Loop (FNAL) connecting Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
- Managed 3 major upgrade projects for a total cost of $14M.
- As part of the procurement team, helped negotiating with Fujitsu and Alcatel for T&C’s (warranty, operational support, billing milestones etc).
- Established a project team with the necessary skill set: matrix of more than 30 people from various departments (Engineering, Operations, Finance, Procurement and Legal).
- Managed the financial costs and staged payments.
- Managed Alcatel and Fujitsu field engineers.
- Completed projects on time (Feb05, Sep05 and Feb06) and on budget.
Design authority for the FLAG Europe Asia (FEA) Upgrade covering the UK, Spain, Italy, Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Korea and Japan). Led six major upgrade projects for a total cost of $15M and involving:
- Leading the design of Synchronisation Plans for RGW networks related to more than 50 landing sites or point of presence across USA, Europe, Middle East and Asia
- Leading the design and Implementation for the $5M FEA/FNAL interconnect project in Asia.
- Developing a Provisioning and Inventory database for FNAL (Ciena), FEA Upgrade (Fujitsu) and Virtual PoP networks (Lucent).
- As technical expert, answering technical bids and securing successful partnerships and sales in excess of $50M with major carriers including China Telecom, SPRINT, Chungwa Telecom, etc.