- In-home tutoring is a form of tutoring that occurs in the home.
- Tutoring is receiving guidance or instruction by a tutor.
- Most often the tutoring relates to an academic subject or test preparation.
- This is in contrast to tutoring centers or tutoring provided through after-school programs.
- The service most often involves one-on-one attention provided to the pupil; otherwise, is called small group tuition, in which the tutor and a small number of pupils gather at one of their homes for tutoring.