Over 15 years of IT experience. Expertise encompasses systems deployment and maintenance, systems administration, and troubleshooting. I have deployed and currently support a wide range of COTS and in-house developed systems, including highly complex client-server systems and multi-tier architecture. I have a strong work ethic, taking responsibility and ownership of my work. I also work well under pressure independently or as part of a team.
Lead Technician / Regional Manager
Handled daily responsibilities of running the Northern California office of an Automatic Teller service company. Worked in a 24/7 on-call environment. Supervised three employees and handled hiring and firing. Lead Technician - Trained field technicians and apprentices to perform technicians’ duties. Acted as primary contact for on-duty technicians in need of assistance. Worked in a team environment to configure, maintain, and service Automatic Teller Machines.
Sep 2010 - Present
Currently supporting the United States Coast Guard in Kearneysville, WV. as a Systems Administrator in a 24 X 7 operating environment. Installing and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 running Oracle Database, Oracle Primavera P6, Synergis Adept and IIS/VB.Net web applications on IBM Blade hardware and VMWare virtual machines. Work closely with team members, DBAs, software developers, and analysts to assure that systems stay in compliance with government standards. Troubleshooting OS, Network and application issues. I am fully responsible for my systems 24 x 7 including on-call responsibilities.Accomplishments:
- Completed a major upgrade of a COTS application. Working closely with several remote Coast Guard units we were able to make a smooth transition to the next major version of our Synergis Adept Document Management system, including transitioning from using application user accounts to single sign on, which involved writing a script using LDAP queries to link application accounts to Active Directory accounts.
- Planned and completed server rebuilds in support of Oracle 11g upgrade. We were the first system in the Coast Guard Logistics Division to complete the transition from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g.
Oct 2004 - Sep 2010
Senior Programmer Analyst
Work with Loudoun County’s Public Safety Departments to implement and support Public Safety IT infrastructure and applications such as: E911 Computer Aided Dispatch Systems, Mobile Data Computers, Records Management Systems, Community Alerting Systems, Digital Finger Printing and Mugshot Systems, Emergency Management applications, performing software installations, upgrades, patches, overall maintenance, and developing end user training and documentation. Provide systems administration, problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of system and hardware problems for all listed systems. Backup systems administrator responsibilities for the IBM AIX servers running the 911 Dispatch System.Accomplishments:
- Successfully implemented the county’s Text Alerting system as part of a National Capital Region project, using Roam Secure Alert Network running on Red Hat Linux servers.
- Successfully managed Loudoun County’s Reverse 911 project by coordinating with all public safety departments, mapping departments and vendors.
- Worked on a team that was recognized for its achievements in implementing the county's E911/Public Safety Mapping system.
- Coordinated with seventeen individually owned Fire and Rescue companies to implement wireless network access for Fire Rescue Mobile Data Computers with oversight responsibilities of access point installations.
- Implemented and managed video conferencing infrastructure for the entire county government with oversight responsibilities of VTC endpoint and infrastructure installations.
- Successfully managed a project to install video conferencing systems in nine separate jurisdictions of a regional gang task-force to communicate over a private, regional IP network.
May 2003 - Oct 2004
Systems Engineer I/II
Provided systems management of over three thousand computing devices, troubleshooting hardware, software, and network problems.Accomplishments:
- Was promoted to Systems Engineer II within first year of employment, ahead of senior teammates.
- Was asked to train and mentor the county's help desk personnel to increase productivity.
2000 - 2003
Installation, configuration, and deployment of new workstations, laptops, and servers running Linux, Sun Solaris (SPARCstation), Windows, and Macintosh operating systems. Installation of Oracle server and client software. Supported end users within a global LAN/WAN infrastructure at tier-2 level to identify and resolve software, hardware, operating system, printer, and network problems.Accomplishments:
- Became team champion for print issues and trained team members on how to support these issues.
- Worked within a team on an “End User How-to” Project designing a website to help users with common problems.
- Implemented and maintained Windows 2000 Domain Environment for our training department.
1997 - 2000
Worked with end users in a small office LAN environment to resolve all software, hardware, operating system, Windows Domain, printer and network issues. Installed, configured, and deployed new workstations, laptops, and servers.Accomplishments:
- Implemented office Internet access and and firewall using SuSE Linux 6.2 and ipchains packet filtering.
Sep 1999 - Jun 2002
Troubleshooting and Problem Resolution
PERL, shell, MS Batch, VBScript
Microsoft Windows Server
Red Hat, SUSE, AIX, Solaris 7