- Significant background in general construction, welding, marine and insurance industries
- Project Consultant/Logistics/Supply/Procurement
- Extensisve Long Term Deployment Experience
- Excels at managing multiple projects concurrently
- Strong detail, problem solving, and follow through capabilities
Aug 2009 - Present
Cable Burial Engineer/Equipment Mechanic
NSW, A General Cable Company
Mobilization in Singapore. Assembly of new 3 meter burial sled, and on-site modifications to swords, nozzles and chambered floatation system. Preparations to previously moth balled equipment. Projected mission includes 10 landings with 2.3 km up to 15 km lays. Indonesian sector of project will include Java and Borneo.
Oct 2007 - Oct 2008
On location support for company that installs sub-marine fiber optic cables and does the shore end cable landings, including extensive long term deployment experience in Florida, Oregon and Alaska. Job duties/responsibilities and accomplishments included:
- Providing advance coordination to facilitate the shore end landing of sub-marine fiber optic cable, including locating, initiating the bid process, and hiring specific contractors
- Locatiing and purchasing/renting tools and equipment, and supervising contractors to ensure compliance with job specs set by the general contractor
- Supervising the purchase and restoration of motorized sectional 120 ft. barge and equipment to be used in Alaska AKORN project for ACS Communication
- Hiring personnel for Alaska project
- Researching various shipping methods for the sectional barge and equipment including negotiating with multiple companies to ensure the most cost efficient method of shipping the barge and equipment to Alaska
- Supervising overland transport of sectional barge, tools and equipment from Florida to Alaska
- Hiring local labor and welders to supplement multi-national Marpro crew
- Supervising assembly and outfitting of sectional barge, as well as structural modifications for cable laying operation
- Organizing on site inventory program for necessary parts/equipment and spares
- Coordinating cable burial operation involving divers/support staff
1988 - 2006
BoatWorks of Ohio
BoatWorks of Ohio was a multi-faceted marine repair facility that specialized in fiberglass and wooden boat repairs and restoration for both pleasure and commercial vessels. Repair projects required expertise in multiple trades from electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, marine plumbing, carpentry, welding, painting, as well as structural composite laminates. Expertise in electrical and mechanical diagnostics of marine gas and diesel engines attracted customers from a wide geographical area. Projects included new engine installations, repowers, restorations from fire/water damage, as well as routine, scheduled maintenance.
The quality assurance program implemented at BoatWorks included both pre- and post-project surveys and inspections to insure that all electrical, mechanical, and safety systems were fully operational and up to Coast Guard standards.
The key to the business was seamlessly combining aforementioned skills, paired with unparalleled customer service and a quick turn around. Project coordination included:
- Quickly analyzing a problem
- Bidding a job with an affordable repair solution
- Coordinating labor force and various subcontractors
- Parts procurement
- Goal of job completion and customer satisfaction
1980 - 1988
Experience in commercial and residential construction including structural steel assembly as a fitter/welder, concrete, and finish carpentry. Project experience includes:
- Frame-to-dry wall-to finish carpentry for house construction
- Several years of house remodeling, including baths, kitchens, and designer basement recreation rooms
- Years of commercial construction building and remodeling retail spaces
- Finish carpentry including custom millwork to duplicate antique woodwork designs
- Project management, from drawings to the estimate to procuring materials and sub contractors to project completion to a satisfied customer
1977 - 1980
Certified Structural Welder
Terex Earthmoving Equipment
- Welded loader and crawler frames
- Fitted and welded loader buckets, rock guards, fuel and hydraulic tanks
- Welded large weldments with innershield MIG and high deposition submerged arc welding
- Instructed vertical up and overhead welding techniques to probationary welders
- Worked with welding engineers developing welding procedures for new products
1995 - Present
East Carolina University Center for Applied Technologhy
An OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Association) sponsored course to train employee safety managers in all areas of job safety.
- OSHA auditing and compliance
- Establishment of safety manager and worksite education and training
- Implementing written hazard programs, personal protective equipment programs, and emergency preparedness training
- Hazardous chemical communications, including MSDS, chemical storage, and the Worker's Right to Know Law
1976 - Present
Lincoln Welding School
Certificate in Arc Welding including Basic Plate, Sheet Metal, Alloy, Pipe, T.I.G. and Innershield
Certificate of Tests and Qualifications of Welding Operator from Herron Testing Laboratories, Inc.,
ASME Section IX - 1" Groove - Vertical Position Only ; AWS Structural Welding Code D1.1-75 - 3/8"
Overhead Fillet 1977
1979 - Present
Akron City Hospital
1974 - Present
Nationwide Insurance Company Training Institute
Licensed insurance agent for Nationwide Insurance Company, licensed by the State of Ohio to service life, health, and property lines.
1993 - Present
Course for employers to develop a system of employee accountability and productivity in order to increase profits by improving information flow, estimating procedures, shop layouts.
1997 - Present
Professional Boatbuilders and Repairers Association
Instruction in carbon fiber vacuum bag pre-preg epoxy and fiberglass structural laminates, applications for use, procedures for use , including safety and proper environmental training .
1990 - Present
Western Engine Tohatsu
Course designed for 2-140 HP outboard Nissan/Tohatsu engines repair, including electrical, mechanical and hydraulic repairs and warranty compliance.
Sep 1970 - Dec 1973
Associate Degree of Applied Science
The University of Akron
Blasted and primed, one of nine to do
Welding of mounting angles for barge connectors
On the stands for prep of blast and primer paint, one of nine modules
Quick run to test the new turbo.
1940 U.S. Army bridge boat helping with the in-water barge assembly
Moose on the loose in Safeway parking lot, Homer, Alaska 2008
Beaching and taking motorized sectional barge apart in Cape Canaveral, FL
Pump and bantam sled loaded for burial test.
Barge returns from cable laying operation to prep for cable burial operation.
One of many on-site fabricated parts built by own "Fab Team" in Homer, Alaska
Sand blasting underway
Loading high volume pump used with burial sled
Landing craft "Cinmar" repositioning the barge for the last two section connections
Workers dressed in OSHA compliant gear for summer Alaskan environment during barge assembly
Welding fab crew replacing badly rusted area that failed inspection
Unloading of barge hull mods and positioning for welding operation