Assistant Vice President of Peninsula Energy Services, Inc (PESCO)
Peninsula Energy Services Company, Inc (PESCO) is an energy marketing company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation.
- Currently responsible for the operations of this business unit, including:
- The Accounting functions of budgeting, forecasting, and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- The Origination/Sales functions of lead generation, customer pipeline development, customer acquisition, contract negotiation and customer relations.
- The Operations functions of supply procurement and daily gas logistics.
- The Risk Management functions of fixed price hedging, exposure analysis, and risk mitigation.
- Recruitment and Retention
- Key achievements in this role:
- Manage a business unit with more than $2.7 million in annual operating income and $100 million in revenue (budget 2016).
- Grew PESCO's marketing footprint from 2 states to 6 states. (Currently PESCO serves the natural gas needs of 3000 commercial and industrial accounts.)
- Grew operating income 19% in full first year, and 8.4% annually thereafter.
- Grew budgeted operating income 55% (Budget in process 2009 v Budget 2016).
- Achieved budget in 5 of 6 fiscal years.
- Reduced bad debt from 1.1% of revenue to 0.06% of revenue in the same time frame.
- Accountable for setting PESCO's business strategy and leading the PESCO business unit to execute around this strategy.