Nov 2006 - Present
President & CEO
Established global consulting process to support clients' efforts to modernize, globalize and optimize operations, with a focus on management and delivery of necessary skills on demand:
- Created Searchlight People companies to provide a "Web 2.0" answer to dynamic staffing and talent management; implemeted a complete framework for engagement management, project finance and surety, human resource management.
- Created The Guild of Information Technologists to act as a clearinghouse for application services contracts on a fixed price basis.
- Currently focused on execution of a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) model to convert and re-publish legacy software platforms to leverage "rent for use" delivery through the internet; creates an opportunity for small to medium sized publishers of software to refactor their applications for distribution in the "Web 2.0" marketplace.
Clients include Global Software brands focused on Financial Services, Insurance and Reinsurance brands who have requested advisory services to assist in the globalization of their internal operations for reduced cost and improved agility.
Apr 2004 - Oct 2006
Senior VP, Global Business Unit Head
Full P&L responsibility for Insurance business of the company, which included some of the largest global brands for property and casualty, life and health, and benefits administration services.
- Established a Professional Services practice focused on business optimization and process improvement; generated 10:1 in added revenue for the company.
- Implemented strategic planning and execution platform to improve earnings, and to manage inventory of required business skills; utilization and productivity rates were benchmark for the company.
- Expanded and calibrated the sales team to focus on mixed sales of service lines, including application services, infrastructure services, business process services and professional services; reduced cost of sales by 20%, and improved penetration of sales for existing accounts by 50% for the company.
- Coordinated sales and services delivery across the regional centers to support and integrate services for global insurance customers; increased customer satisfaction and reduced internal friction points.
- Grew revenue by 30% compounded, improved margins and diversified business relationships and strategic alliances.
Mar 1998 - Apr 2004
VP, Global Practices Leader for Insurance Markets
Shared P&L responsibility for the growth and results of the Insurance segment of the company, with focused attention on communication at Executive (Cxo) levels of clients regarding the value of services, management of the insurance professional practice, and integration of the company product portfolio for pragmatic marketing to new clients.
- Executed $2 billion in new contract sales to new customers.
- Improved customer satisfaction and reduced turnover in existing contracts.
- Re-established the company brand in an under-served sector of the marketplace, and established a global marketing awareness campaign for a diverse portfolio of products and services delivered under multiple brand names (e.g., A.T. Kearney, EDS, SOLCORP, etc.).
- Managed through tricky contractual situations during periods of high growth for the company.
For additional background and information about my work history, please download my CV (which is attached to this profile).
Jan 1985 - Jun 1987
Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter
Post-graduate studies in the field of Insurance, including underwriting, finance, operations, claims and marketing.
Sep 1978 - Jun 1982
Bachelor of Arts
Awarded a full academic scholarship. Graduated with Honors.