WILLIAM S. BINNIG
2701 Huntly LaneFlower Mound, TX 75022
Work: (972) 899-0387Mobile: (972) 814-4862e-mail: email@example.com
Results-oriented, team player with demonstrated leadership experience and a record of success in marketing and brand management. Excellent planning, analytical, and creative skills. P&L experience and proven ability to develop and implement new products.
Brand Building Success – print, radio and online advertising. Search engine optimization, direct marketing, promotions, and lead development. Video production, sales collateral and logo creation. Public relations and trade show management. Market research, including: focus groups, surveys, and in-market trials. Selected and managed related agencies.
New Product Development – conducted market research and gathered competitive intelligence to uncover new product, market and business opportunities. Managed the product planning cycle from ideation to market and functional requirements.
Leadership Experience – built sales and marketing organizations from the ground up; including the infrastructure, programs, and tools necessary to support the team. Subject matter expert and member of senior leadership teams reporting to the president and CEO. Managed up to twenty-five employees. Served as company spokesman for media, analyst, and industry events and public speaking opportunities.
Strong Negotiating and Account Development Skills – negotiated license and sales agreements with Fortune 500 companies. Built productive relationships with internal and external service providers and vendors. Formally trained in consultative and solution selling.
Strategic Planning – developed strategic business plans for start-up business units and projects. Performed due diligence for merger and acquisition initiatives. Developed financial models and ROI projections to support service extensions, new business opportunities, and funding initiatives. Effectively managed a $12 million budget to meet company objectives.
JADUKA / NETWORKIP, INC. Dallas, TexasCMO / Vice President of Marketing 12/05 – Present
Co-founded Jaduka, an award-winning spin-off of NetworkIP. Jaduka’s enterprise solutions enable companies to easily integrate voice communications into existing business processes to reduce human latency and the risk of human error or create new applications that improve customer service communication and response time. Jaduka also provides consumer-oriented Web telephony services and widgets that ‘add voice’ to Web sites, blogs, and email.
• Responsible for corporate marketing, advertising and public relations.• Created the company’s Rapid Adoption Management Program (RAMP).• Developed and launched an e-Commerce website to directly market the company's products.• Re-branded the company with new name and messaging to better position it in the market.• Optimized the company's web presence to gain top search engine rankings. SEO, SEM, PPC, sponsored search, search engine submissions, website analytics, targeted media placement.• Implemented direct marketing and e-mail campaigns to generate B2B sales leads, acquire new B2C customers, and develop overall brand awareness.• Managed advertising and media – traditional, online and word-of-mouth.• Developed sales and marketing collateral to support customer acquisition.• Conducted market and competitive research to determine sales and pricing plans.• Managed trade shows and industry events, including analyst briefings and whitepapers.• Named winner of both 2007 Red Herring 100 – North America and Global awards.• Selected 2008 AlwaysOn Top 100 winner.• 2007 winner of the Web Marketing Association’s Internet Advertising Competition.• Winner of the International Academy of Visual Arts W3 Award for Interactive Marketing, 2007. EARLY-STAGE MARKETING STRATEGIES, LLC Dallas, TexasPrincipal 07/02 – 12/05
ESMS is a professional services firm providing expertise in the areas of marketing strategy, business development, sales management, and e-Commerce. Client engagements included:
• Verizon SuperPages – Developed and implemented the market requirements and product roadmap for SuperPages OnTheGo, Verizon’s wireless data services and directory product. • StarCite, Inc. – Market development for a Web-based supply-chain solutions company. Grew annual sales to $7.2 million, a 200% year/year increase.• GenetiMedic, LLC – Developed the messaging platform, value proposition, and go-to-market strategy for Better Body Brighter Mind™, a personalized health and wellness information site.• OxySure Systems – Directed PR, advertising, and market research for the manufacturer of a unique emergency-duration, medical-grade oxygen generation system.• Blackstar Airlines – Created the marketing strategy for a new US-based, luxury international airline operating out of Los Angeles to destinations in Europe and Asia.• ShAirForce, LLC – Strategy and rollout plans for a startup commercial aviation company.• EyeOnMarket.com – Designed the user interface and process flow an online local shopping search engine backed by Intel Capital. Planned and executed the product launch strategy.
ATX TECHNOLOGIES, INC. Irving, TexasVice President, Strategic Marketing and Business Development 04/01 – 07/02
ATX Technologies is second only to General Motors’ OnStar among telematics service providers. ATX serves nearly 300,000 subscribers and supports Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Jaguar automobile brands. As a member of the senior management team, I was responsible for positioning the company for growth by developing advanced products and new markets. As a result of the slowed economy, ATX downsized to focus solely on its core products. • Led the company's market research, customer loyalty, and advanced products groups.• Conducted market and competitive research to determine new product initiatives.• Designed product requirements, service policies, and marketing programs.• Evangelized new telematics service concepts through sales presentations, product demonstrations, analyst tours, and partner briefings.• Created marketing communications programs to support business objectives.• Implemented direct marketing campaigns utilizing Siebel and proprietary CRM systems.• Monitored external environment within the wireless location-based services marketplace.
PAGENET, INC. Dallas, TexasVice President, Marketing and General Manager – e-Commerce06/98 – 2/01
During my tenure, PageNet was the nation’s largest wireless messaging carrier with over 10 million subscribers and annual revenue exceeding $1 billion. As the dominant player in a mature industry, PageNet’s strategy was to diversify beyond its commoditized paging business (“cheap beeps”) by developing advanced, value-added wireless data capabilities. I was hired to lead corporate marketing and leverage the company’s vast wireless network with the growth of the Internet. I successfully built and delivered the nation’s first wireless Internet portal.
• Responsible for corporate marketing, advertising and public relations. • Created, developed, and launched myClips.com – a mobile Internet portal. • General Manager of the company’s Internet marketing initiatives, including product marketing, Web site development, advertising, search engine optimization, e-mail and affiliate programs. • Led cross-functional teams for new product development and managed agency relationships.• P&L responsibility of over $12 million.• Management responsibility for over 25 individuals in online sales, marketing communications, product marketing, and brand management.• Developed the marketing strategy to create brand awareness, trial, and customer loyalty.• Sold online advertising and sponsorships through a team of six outside sales directors.
TRAVELOCITY (Sabre Holdings, Inc.) Fort Worth, TexasVice President, Sales and Marketing 03/96 – 06/98
As a result of my success at American Airlines, I was sought to establish the sales and marketing functions within Sabre Interactive, a new business unit of (then) The Sabre Group. In this capacity, I developed the strategic business and marketing plans, hired personnel and related agencies, and negotiated strategic alliances to support the launch of a new online travel reservations service. Travelocity has become one of the leading online travel sites.
• Directed the strategic sales, marketing, distribution and launch of Travelocity.com.• Recruited, hired, and grew the marketing organization from zero to 25 employees.• Managed online promotions, search engine optimization, and direct marketing campaigns.• Maintained creative control of Travelocity’s advertising and brand identity.• Negotiated multi-million dollar strategic distribution and vertical channel sales deals.• Sold online advertising (banners, interstitials, microsites, and category sponsorships) with annual revenue goals of $5 million.• Increased advertising sales through direct sponsorships with national advertisers, such as VISA, American Tourister, and General Motors.• Managed the relationship and crafted product offers with DoubleClick, Travelocity’s network advertising sales representative firm.• Managed relationships with suppliers (airlines, hotels, and car rental companies).
AMERICAN AIRLINES Irving, TexasRegional Sales Director, Dallas/Fort Worth 06/90 - 03/96
Entered American Airlines’ MBA - management development program, which rotates participants through various marketing functions during their first two years with the company. My experience included, Yield Management, Pricing, AAdvantage, and Sales Planning. Following a successful field assignment as International Sales Manager for the Western Division, I was promoted to Regional Sales Director for the airline’s largest hub market.
• Responsible for the D/FW sales region with annual revenue exceeding one billion dollars.• Increased market share by four points, resulting in over $40 million incremental revenue.• P&L responsibility for a budget exceeding $10 million.• Led and motivated a team of twenty account managers (15 outside sales and 5 inside sales).• Successfully redirected the orientation of the sales organization from a service focus to a results-oriented, ROI-based consultative sales approach.• Structured and negotiated volume-based travel agreements with Fortune 500 companies.• Created and implemented regional marketing programs to support business objectives.• Managed the corporate sales incentive compensation program.
INDIANA UNIVERSITY (Kelley School of Business) - Bloomington, IndianaMaster of Business Administration, December 1989Marketing Concentration
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA - Los Angeles, CaliforniaBachelor of Science in Business Administration, May 1982Finance Major
• Entrepreneurship Certificate – Southern Methodist University, Cox School of Business• American Marketing Association – Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter • TeXchange Member – Dallas Chapter• Enjoy golf, tennis, SCUBA, and travel.• References available upon request.