Assistant Vice President, Managed Account
BANK OF AMERICA MERRILL LYNCH
PROJECT MANAGER/ BUSINESS ANALYST
• Responsible for supporting internally developed applications and our 3rd party (
APL) Portfolio Accounting system allowing Managed Account Advisors (MAA) to
manage over 650,000 SMA, UMA, UHA, MF and Alternative Investment accounts
across 6,000 + strategies and $600B AUM.
• Major contributor representing MAA in the Merrill Lynch-One platform
• Successfully launched the Options Overlay pilot with the Overlay and product
• Successfully transitioned 225,000 Mutual fund and SMA accounts from our vendor
system to our in-house developed Portfolio Accounting system (re-platform
• Business Analyst- Define business and functional requirements and process flows,
daily interfacing with various teams including compliance, developers and
stakeholders for the development, deployment and enhancements of applications
and other initiatives.
• Facilitate status updates with technology partners for on-going projects, BRD
review, quality assurance testing, and life-cycle development as well as monthly
• Identify new business needs by collaborating with business partners to document
the functional requirements, develop use cases and concept.
• Production Support Manager- Point of contact for day-to-day issues including:
• Data delivery to/from external managers.
• Internally developed applications.
• Automation of model changes, new account processing, combined household
account processing and custom strategy generation.
• Financial Advisor (FA) tools and MAA application integration.
• Develop ad-hoc reporting tools to measure performance, volume and other metrics.
• Implementations and Project Manager: Managed the implementation of 225,000
SMA and UMA accounts from over 50 Investment Managers. This major initiative
required coordinating and managing many tasks across multiple business and
• Vendor Relationship Manager: Responsible for successful release of
code/function/file enhancements with our 3rd party (APL) portfolio system.
• 6,000 strategies across multiple Managers
• 650,000 managed accounts
• Batch processing code enhancements to allow for our 14,000 FA's to create custom
strategies for their clients (the Merrill Lynch-One project) as well as transaction
processing for our Alternative Investments pilot.
• Implement and train new (external) Investment Managers on APL
• Manage an ongoing list of simultaneous projects.
The ability to prioritize projects and tasks on a daily basis is essential for success.