Retail Service PlatformClient: T-Mobile, USA
T-Mobile USA is currently the fourth-largest wireless carrier in the U.S. market. RSP (Retail Service Platform) is built on Java based Web Services (Service Oriented Architecture - SOA) to primarily support the activations and account management business functionalities within T-Mobile Retail and its partners.
Role: Build, deployment & release engineer
Environment: Unix, J2SDK, ANT & Shell Scripting, Weblogic, SQL
• Doing daily build and deployment activities.• QAT and DIT code-drop activities.• Backend database maintenance and patch application.• Identifying and assisting in the repair of build failures.• Configuration, deployment and maintenance of Development and QA application environments.• Installation, configuration and maintenance of Weblogic 11g application server domains.• Source code version control using Accurev.• Defect tracking and quality control using Quality Center and Remedy.• Working with dev and test team in resolving bugs.• Building tools for automated builds, deployments, domain setup and other tasks.
=====================================================================================ESP 2.0 and ESP_LiteClient: T-Mobile, USA
The purpose of this project is to modernize the current EAI, JPayment and Tibco portfolio content and to understand the related services, data and processes as a vendor agnostic T-Mobile asset. Primary goals are quality improvement, productivity improvement and cost avoidance & reduction.
Role: Configuration & automation engineer
Environment: Unix, Java, Python & Shell Scripting, Weblogic, WLST, OSB, SOA
• Installation of Weblogic server, OSB, SOA, java, RCU.• Doing domain creation and server setups including additional jms queue, connection factory configurations for dev environments.• Database schema creation for these environments.• Build, deployment and code-drop activities.• Integration with RSP, Samson, Tibco middleware.• Source code version control using Accurev.• Automation work for OSB & SOA build and deployment, customization file creation.
Tibco, JPayment, EAIClient: T-Mobile, USA
Tibco, JPayment and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) are the legacy frameworks and applications for T-Mobile business process management. They encompass several individual projects internally like "Handset order", "Paperless Billing", "Mocking Bird", "Broadband Management" etc.
Role: Build, automation & release engineer
Environment: Unix, Java, ANT & Shell Scripting, Tibco middleware
• Offshore resource for daily build and deployment activities.• Tibco middleware installation on dev environment machines.• SQL database environment setup for backend and integration with dev/test environment.• Supporting production deployment and monthly release activities.• Pre-production deployment cleanup, setup and verification.• Automation and process improvements.
WikiClient: T-Mobile, USA
The T-Mobile wiki is the web based central access point for all dev environments of different projects, managed by the config team. There's a separate tab for each project, each of which contain a table of different dev environment, depending on their release date. These tables also contain other relevant details like DB backend, linked domains, Owners etc. There's also a "troubleshooting" tab where users add known issues and problem resolutions. This acts as a knowledge management portal too.
Role: Knowledge Management
Environment: Weblogic portal, MediaWiki
• Creation of wiki pages using weblogic portal.• Migrated to Media-wiki.• Individual page creation and maintenance for different projects.• Addition of troubleshooting and known-issue information.• Process documentations and upload to wiki and sharepoint.
Asset SuiteClient: Ventyx, USA
Asset Suite is the most crucial product as per business aspects of Ventyx. It is a complete solution that helps customers to effectively manage assets and MRO costs to achieve the high level of performance, safety and reliability. Asset Suite allows managing information such as equipment model, serial number, vendor, date purchased, spare parts, services performed, recalls and much more.
Role: Build and deployment engineer
Environment: Unix, Java, Shell Scripting, Apache / Tomcat.
• Installation of AS releases on client servers to create AS regions.• Advanced configuration and maintenance of these regions.• Scheduled patch and emergency patch installation.
• Integration and configuration of additional components like Integration Framework (IF), ADS, Financial Integration (FI), ICDS etc.
Foundation ArchitectureClient: Ventyx, USA
Foundation Architecture is the J2EE based web application and the new front-end for accessing AS range of components. Because of its rich interface, ease of use, robustness and support of localization, this is now the most sold product of Ventyx.
Role: Build, release and deployment engineer
Environment: Unix, MVS, Java, ANT, Shell Scripting, Application Server (OAS / WAS / WLS), Apache / Tomcat, Cruise Control, Confluence Wiki.
• Primary owner and first point of contact for all FA related tasks in offshore.• Involved in build and deployment of daily builds.• Configuration, monitoring and maintenance of the build automation using cruise control.• Configuration, deployment and maintenance of Development and QA application environments.• Deploy and manage these environments on different OS (AIX, HP, SUN and MVS) and app server (OAS, Websphere, Weblogic) combinations.• Installation and configuration of Application Servers. Worked with OAS 9i - 10g, Websphere 6.1 - 7.0 and Weblogic 9 - 10.1• Automated the deployment process using a single shell script for all these combinations.• Hotfix, patch and Upgrade deployments.• Creation of Database for different application environments.• Customization of environments as per request from clients.• Monitoring the different environments for availability.• Resolving customer issues through tickets and coordinating with onshore team.• Maintain the Wiki page which lists all the FA environments.• Maintain user and technical documentation.
Integration Framework (IF) & ICDSClient: Ventyx, USA
IF and ICDS are the middleware for external systems which want to communicate with Asset suite. They accept XML as the request from the external system and replies back to the external system in the form of XML response.
• Installation of IF and ICDS releases on client servers to connect to AS regions.• Configuring and Enabling them in FA, so that FA applications can communicate with AS.• Scheduled patch and emergency patch installation.
Ventyx Knowledge CenterClient: Ventyx, USA
The Ventyx Knowledge Center provides a single unified platform to share information among Ventyx EDC members. One can store and access information on a variety of Ventyx products, processes and trainings. This portal is a one-stop access to create, store and share information. This provides an environment where individuals can communicate and collaborate within and across teams based on common interests.
Role: UI developer
Environment: Twiki, Confluence, CSS, AJAX, Photoshop