rp group of companies [NASSER AL-HAJERI-ABUDHABI, GULF ASIA - abudhabi
Responsible for working closely with the selected supplier and managing the companies procurement activities. Also providing leadership for the purchasing department and motivating staff to achieve maximum performance and efficiency. Making sure that the purchasing department works within all of the companies Operational Procedures.
- Managing a team of 10 professional buyers.
- Responsible for Order Placement Timing, Supply / Demand Alignment, Material Replenishment and Supplier Performance.
- Continuously monitoring, evaluating and improving supplier performance.
- Sourcing the most affordable materials for the companies manufacturing process.
- Projecting stock levels.
- Reviewing tenders and bids.
- Controlling the purchasing budget.
- Monitoring delivery times to ensure they are on time.
- Ensuring the adequate supply of all required materials, components and equipment.
- Delivering cost savings for the company.
- Managing the procurement supplier relationships for the company.
- Developing sourcing strategies.
- Managing commodity cost initiatives.
- Regularly contacting suppliers to renegotiate prices.
- Resolving disputes and claims with vendors and suppliers.
- Keeping all supplier programs current and accurate.
- Delegating projects and tasks to junior staff.
- Promoting best practise across the company.