Executive Assistant/Integrity Due Diligence Coordinator
Kuehne + Nagel
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world's leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1,200 offices in over 100 countries, with over 67,000 employees.
Working in Kuehne + Nagel, my role is to provide full executive/personal
assistance to the Managing Director of UAE + Oman as well as supporting 5 different business unit heads as required. I am also the Integrity Due Diligence Coordinator for the UAE + Oman.
- Extensive diary management including scheduling all set internal meetings well in advance and being alert of any clashes in the calendar
- Serve as an effective Gate Keeper and act as a first point of contact by representing the company in a helpful and positive manner
- Producing of documents, briefing papers, reports, presentations, agendas and meeting attendees list that may be required prior to meetings according to the company's Audit requirements
- HR related responsibilities such as entering employee performances into HCMS at a confidential level
- Organizing all local and overseas travel and accommodation and coordinating extensive travel itineraries for the MD, departmental heads and other employees
- Organizing events, training sessions, client entertainment and workshops including shortlisting venues, negotiating budgets, logistics etc.
- Attend management meetings to understand strategies and align support services as business requirements evolve as well as taking minutes of meetings
- Coordinate and manage office building maintenance in liaison with the Facilities Management department
- Maintaining inventory of marketing materials and customer give-aways as well as research of new and interesting materials and give-aways
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts and equipment procedures
- Serve as the Primary Contracts Administrator (client contracts, lease agreements, licenses, subcontractor contracts) which includes implementing an efficient filing system of the original contracts and a detailed database which include the terms & conditions as well as expiry dates etc.
- Lead and guide the Employee Focus Group to improve the working environment and evaluate employees comments and complaints
- Maintain complete confidentiality of personal and business related matters especially when it comes to HR issues
- Communicate effectively with other branches worldwide
- Oversee that documents, presentations and gifts are given and prepared according to Corporate Guidelines and Formats
- Primary Contact Person for Media and PR arrangements
- Act as primary contact, negotiate and manage service level agreements with travel agents, hotels, limo service companies etc. and establish a good relationship for future potential price negotiations
- Write content for marketing, communication, publications and sponsorship material in line with the branding and standard of the Company
- Manage office boys and drivers efficiently
- Ensure that all departmental deadlines are met
- Oversee office budgets and create Purchase Orders for all purchases
- Maintain the layout design and draft/add applicable content for the Corporate Website
- Integrity Due Diligence Coordinator for the UAE + Oman. Oversee the IDD procedure to assess the integrity of all high risk third parties.
- Single-handedly budgeted, presented to Headquarters and coordinated Kuehne + Nagel's 125th Anniversary for clients, VIP's and Media on Day 1 and employees on Day 2, having transformed a Warehouse Chamber into an events area on a limited budget
- Successfully created a database and filing system for all customer/supplier contracts which was previously non-existent
- Successfully reduced hotel corporate rates on a yearly basis by over 5 percent due to negotiation skills and good professional relationships
- Assisted the Managing Director with ideas and implemented motivation initiatives for employees such as birthday lunches and breakfast meetings