CPA Candidate, with one section completed, and looking to finish the exam in January 2010.
Jun 2007 - Present
Staff Accountant, Treasury/Cash Management
- Perform monthly close process for all investment and cash accounts - including amortization, accruals, and reclassification entries.
- Handle the recording, analysis, and reconciliation of investment transactions for a $2.3 billion investment portfolio.
- Assist with Financial Statement generation for consolidation purposes on a quarterly basis
- Generate both ad hoc and monthly reporting for internal and external users including audit requests.
- Led the implementation project for integrating PeopleSoft EFT processing into the accounting system.
- Streamlined month-end close procedures cutting time required from 14 to 2 days.
Jun 2000 - Feb 2006
Small Arms Repair Technician
- Managed a Marine Corps armory with assets valued at more than $500,000.
- Mentored and trained staff employed in the armory.
- Instructed and led Marines through Firearms Simulation Training.