Growing up in the diverse Washington Metropolitan area has given me the exposure and opportunity to explore a variety broadcasting mediums. I am constantly seeking to further develop my technical skills in all aspects of audiovisual production. I am a highly motivated professional and am excited for new challenges and opportunities.
- Over 9 years experience in videography, video editing, live studio and event production, and graphic design.
- 3 years experience in broadcast radio operations.
- Experienced with most professional and prosumer Sony, Canon, and Panasonic DV/HDV cameras.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, as well as Final Cut Pro, Avid NewsCutter, Motion, and DVD Studio Pro.
- Familiar with both Mac and PC operating systems.
- Comfortable with the installation and operation of audio and video teleconferencing.
- Previously credentialed with the Foreign Press Center in Washington, DC.
Jul 2012 - Present
Sodexo @ Fannie Mae
- Coordinate with Fannie Mae Network Engineers to connect the Conference Center to videoconferences and webcasts in far sites across the country.
- Operate robotic cameras, video switcher, audio mixers, and Crestron touch panels for events in our auditorium and lecture hall that require recording to DVD, DVCAM, or compressed file.
- Edit submitted media (Powerpoints, video and audio clips, images, music etc.) to maximize quality for transmission.
- Provide audiovisual troubleshooting and customer support for operational and department meetings as well as leadership town halls and external vendor summits.
- Maintain our networked audiovisual racks and contact vendors for warranty claims and further support for ongoing issues.
- Organize and manage inventory across Fannie Mae’s headquarters and adjoining office buildings.
- Train temporary employees and new hires on audiovisual standards and practices, in addition to supporting other locations whenever needed.
- Responsible for daily conference room digital signage through Aavelin Composer.
Aug 2011 - Present
Event Technology Specialist (Part-time)
- Set-up and operate large and small-scale audiovisual systems for live and corporate events while ensuring the utmost in client satisfaction.
May 2010 - Present
I own a JVC Pro GY-HM700U, a shoulder-mounted, tapeless HD camera, with a tripod. It can shoot up to 8 hours of continuous footage onto SDHC cards in Quicktime, a Final Cut native format. It is a versatile camera which I have used to shoot:
- Meetings and conferences as well as lectures and speeches.
- High school and club sports including recruiting videos, highlight reels, and game footage.
- Live events such as concerts, parties and cultural festivals.
Past clients include: West End Video Productions Inc, Metro Sports Images, CrazyLuLu Productions, Automatic Sports, and Jim Day Imagery.
Oct 2010 - Jul 2012
- Responsible for daily room set-ups in conference center and dining hall.
- Audio-visual support for Capital One teleconferences.
- Shift lead and vacation relief for senior technician.
- Maintained AMX projection systems for the conference center.
- Trained on and operated auditorium control room equipment, i.e. FSR Eagle switchers, wireless mic receivers, touch panel Mackie.
- Coordinated with other contractors, ie. catering and maintenance crews, to address the concerns of Capital One associates and third party clients.
May 2009 - Aug 2009
Visual Operations Intern
- Shot video for daily broadcasts.
- Edited VOs, BVOs, VO/SOTs, and reporter packages.
- Set up lighting for interviews.
- Trained on microwave truck safety and basic operation.
Jan 2008 - Jun 2008
- Set-up and struck sets for stand ups for TV Globo News.
- Traveled to Colorado to shoot pieces for AutoSport, TV Globo's automotive show.
- Edited short documentary style videos for private clients.
- Covered Pope Benedict's visit to DC in the White House during May 2008.
- Provided coverage for the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce's annual legislative convention, including speeches from former President Bush and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
Apr 2007 - May 2008
- Provided video services for trackside fans at NASCAR series races.
- Connected broadcast truck to the track's fiber network.
- Ran camera during warm ups and practices.
Feb 2008 - Mar 2008
- Staffing and security for DC Metro area sporting events and concerts.
- Guest services training.
Sep 2007 - Dec 2007
Elon University Television Services
- Ran camera for campus events.
- Responsible for taping Elon's Men's and Women's Soccer season.
Jun 2001 - Aug 2007
Back-up Adobe Instructor
- Provided support for the primary instructor with large class sizes.
- Taught Adobe InDesign and Photoshop as well as older programs.
- Kept all students from falling too far behind in the lesson plan.
Sep 2005 - May 2010
B.A. in Communications
- 5 years in Broadcast Production coursework, another 2 years in high school.
- 3 years of coursework in Graphic and Digital Art, another 2 years in high school.
- 3 years hosting and operating audio boards for WSOE 89.3FM; Phoenix411 News and the Metal Militia.
- Won WSOE Show and DJ of the Month for the Metal Militia in October 2008.
I joined Elon's student run radio station WSOE 89.3 FM my Freshman year and continued throughout college. I read short news stories for Phoenix 411 News, as well as operating the board and automation system. From there, I started my own show, Metal Militia, which won awards for Show and DJ of the Month in October 2008.
Four years have included both broadcast television and radio studio experience. I am also trained in new media software such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Final Cul Pro, Avid, Motion, and DVD Studio Pro, as well as being familiar with both Mac and PC operating systems.
I began focusing on advanced application of broadcast standards and practices. Greater attention to detail allowed me to quickly develop new skills in fast-paced professional environments. I proceeded to take on three semesters of internships gaining me further experience in video production and editing, as well as training on most professional and prosumer cameras and standard studio control room equipment.